rachel • typed truths's Reviews > Fairest: Levana's Story

Fairest by Marissa Meyer

Jun 19, 2014

bookshelves: read-2015, 4-star, retelling, science-fiction

Woah. I wasn't expecting that at all. This series hasn't done much for me so far to be honest. It seems I'm practically the only person with that opinion, but I just don't like the series that much. But this, this was incredibly well written. And so disturbing. How did Marissa Meyer manage it? She went from writing the sweet but rather simple-minded narrative of Cinder to this incredibly complex novel that explores Levanna - a girl who is more twisted than even the protagonist of Gone Girl it seemed. I'm speechless, awed. Hats off to Marissa Meyer - my hat is well and truly off. I will certainly be devouring Winter once it is released.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fairest.

Patty Glad you liked it Rachel! I really can't wait for Winter. Did you know it has 824(!) pages? :O

rachel • typed truths I'm glad too, ha ha! :) I'm quite excited for it too now - crossing my fingers it's more along the lines of this book than the other books in the series though.

What!? That's is an ENORMOUS book! I wonder what it could possibly happen to make it so ridiculously long...!? Woah.

Patty I know right! I'm so curious about the storyline, but also a little afraid it might get draggy with that many pages. But oh well, my hopes are still high. Winter appears to be a very interesting character :)

rachel • typed truths She does, so hopefully the story will tie over nicely. 800 pages is a lot to fill!