Terri Trenchard's Reviews > Hello Bali: A Kids Yoga Island Adventure Book

Hello Bali by Giselle Shardlow

What a sheer delight this book is. The warm, colorful illustrations immediately engaged me and will engage all readers – or those to whom we read. The style of this book is so inviting with its friendly introduction. This leads right into an easy-to-follow style where the reader is delightfully drawn into the beautiful world of yoga. One can’t help but say aloud – “Hello Sun!” – while simply trying out the easy-to-do Extended Mountain Pose! This book is so captivating. In no time at all, readers will be delighted in the beautiful illustrations and will find themselves turning page into page and trying each little pose. Along with the names of yoga poses are real-life associations with each pose -- to which any reader can relate. For example, there is the little happy surfer leading us right into the classic Warrior yoga pose. And what about the sailboat? That leads us easily into the Triangle pose. We just can’t help but love yoga and want to “assume” a pose.

This is not only a fabulous introduction – or review – of yoga, but the author also leads us into the world of Indonesian language of basic phrases and numbers. How delightful. There is also of list of kids’ yoga poses, all in one easy place along with a parent-teacher guide, yet all presented in a delightfully simple and engaging way.

Looking back after reading this yesterday, the book is still making me smile. I can’t wait to recommend it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hello Bali.

Started Reading