Heena Rathore P.'s Reviews > Just After Sunset

Just After Sunset by Stephen King

19253213

bookshelves: read-in-2014, horror, short-stories, thriller, fantasy, literary-fiction

Just After Sunset is a collection of 13 short stories. Some of the stories in this book are excellent whereas some are not that good and some are just a waste of time. Stephen King explores the deep and dark corners of one's mind in these 13 unusual stories.

My favourite one is story #8: 'N.' It's really creepy and I totally freaked out. This story begins and ends with a letter and at the end you really feel helpless as you know what's going to happen. This story still gives me goosebumps. It's actually King's narrative that plays the trick. I loved the way he played with the idea of extreme level of OCD. The fact that I have OCD, really made the reading relative. The second best from the lot is 'Mute'. This is also a nice short story with strong narrative. I loved it's ending (which I'm not gonna discuss here!) The description of situations makes you feel everything. These two stories really deserve 5/5.

I hate to say this, but reading 'Harvey's Dream' and 'Graduation Afternoon' is a waste of time. If you wanna save your time, you can totally omit these two stories. 'Willa' was much better then these two but still was a disappointment at the end. Rest of the stories are worth reading.

Following are the ratings for all the 13 stories individually:

Mute: *****
Ayana: ****
A Very Tight Place: *****

You can also read this review at The Reading Bud

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just After Sunset.

Quotes Heena Liked

Stephen King
“The medical definition of miracle is misdiagnosis.”
Stephen King, Just After Sunset

Stephen King
“Sooner or later even the fastest runners have to stand and fight.”
Stephen King, Just After Sunset

June 26, 2014 –
page 302
June 26, 2014 –
page 341
64.83% "The Cat From Hell"
June 27, 2014 –