Patrick J Dalton's Reviews > The End

The End by Adam M. Booth

bookshelves: essential

Read, re-read, & read it a 3rd time. Adam applies his introspective mind utilizing the most graceful prose, in this instance using the zombie genre as a vehicle to showcase a unique & original voice. The End is more of a character study and the evolution of emotional pain rather than the usual (predictable) & tiresome post-apocalyptic dime-a-dozen story that hits the e-book market seemingly everyday.
There are more levels & depths to this novella that evoke both emotion & imagination across the spectrum than can be summarized adequately (& justly) here. It is dark, unflinching, and yet beautiful all at once. I highly recommend The End for the literary value alone. Adam M. Booth is going to be a gamechanger.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The End.

Quotes Patrick Liked

“A pain so vibrant and intense that it seemed to become a sound inside me that rang out at an unwavering pitch and my whole body was now just an instrument that could play only that one note, and I was its audience of one. There was nothing else to experience. No thought could enter, no emotion be felt. Only the pain existed and I existed only for the pain to be felt.”
Adam M. Booth, The End