Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader's Reviews > Little House in the Big Woods

Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
32340179
's review

it was amazing
Read 3 times. Last read September 21, 2017 to September 28, 2017.

I was obsessed with the Litte House books and the TV show when I was a child. I think I began reading and re-reading the books in second grade. This time around I listened to it on audio, and it was my first time "reading" the book as an adult. I have to admit, I think this book may have played a big part in my choice to be a vegetarian at a young age! It's hard to imagine my 8-year-old self making sense out of the hunting, etc. The farm life in the woods is not for me! That said, the book will always hold a special place in my reading heart, and I hope to re-read and/or listen to all of the books in the series again.
44 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little House in the Big Woods.
Sign In »

Reading Progress

Finished Reading
June 17, 2014 – Shelved
September 21, 2017 – Started Reading
September 21, 2017 – Started Reading
September 28, 2017 – Finished Reading
September 28, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leila (new) - added it

Leila Love these books Jennifer. I have all the DVDs too. As you're reading this one for the second time I guess you love them too. Enjoy!


Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Leila wrote: "Love these books Jennifer. I have all the DVDs too. As you're reading this one for the second time I guess you love them too. Enjoy!"

Thank you, Leila! I really enjoyed this series! I need to invest in the DVDs!


message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie Funny, I was just having a conversation with Michael about Ms. Wilder today. Jennifer, you and I seem to have very similar tastes!


message 4: by Kelly (new)

Kelly I loved the books too! I gave my daughter a complete set of them for her birthday one year.


Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Omg! I get up with this family! I loved them so much! Mom has a few of the old books. We should try to get a whole set. Great review! 💕😊 xoxo 😘


message 6: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Great review, Jennifer! Glad you enjoyed your re-read on audio! 💗


message 7: by Miriam (new)

Miriam Smith Ah I loved this show when I was young, great review Jennifer 😊


message 8: by Mischenko (new)

Mischenko Lovely review, J! I have these on my shelves and my kids love them, but I haven't read them yet! <3 Hope to read them all this winter.


message 9: by Kaceey (new)

Kaceey Great review Jennifer! I loved that show too!


Deanna great review Jennifer!!! :)


Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Julie wrote: "Funny, I was just having a conversation with Michael about Ms. Wilder today. Jennifer, you and I seem to have very similar tastes!"

We do, Julie, and I LOVE that! :)


Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Kelly wrote: "I loved the books too! I gave my daughter a complete set of them for her birthday one year."

I bet your daughter was thrilled! Happy you loved them, too, Kelly!


Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ wrote: "Omg! I get up with this family! I loved them so much! Mom has a few of the old books. We should try to get a whole set. Great review! 💕😊 xoxo 😘"

Mel, you should! I wish I could find my original copies, but I may have just checked them out from the library a bunch. I remember a dust jacket, so I probably did. I bought a box set of the paperback ones with the gingham on them! Too cute but different from the ones I read! 😘


Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Nazanin wrote: "Great review, Jennifer! Glad you enjoyed your re-read on audio! 💗"

Thank you, sweet Nazanin! ❤️


Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Mischenko wrote: "Lovely review, J! I have these on my shelves and my kids love them, but I haven't read them yet! <3 Hope to read them all this winter."

M, I bet you will love them! I can't wait to read what you think! Xo


Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Kaceey wrote: "Great review Jennifer! I loved that show too!"

Thanks, Kaceey! Special that you loved it too!


Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Deanna wrote: "great review Jennifer!!! :)"

Thanks, Deanna!


Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Miriam wrote: "Ah I loved this show when I was young, great review Jennifer 😊"

Thanks, Miriam! I love that you loved it too! ❤️


message 19: by Megan (new)

Megan Looooved these books !! I remember when I received the boxed set in my Easter basket one year !!


Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Megan, that is so special! I can just imagine how thrilled you were!


message 21: by Cheri (new) - added it

Cheri I loved the TV show, but have never read any of these books, although I really should! Adding this!


message 22: by Linda (new)

Linda I am a lover of the show as well but never read the books. Perhaps they would be good to listen to with my 11 year old grandson. Thanks for your sweet review, Jennifer!


back to top