Rough Draft Book Blog's Reviews > Without Me

Without Me by Chelle Bliss

Without Me by Chelle Bliss
Anthony & Max
THE END OF AN ERA!!!
5 Mutha Effin' Stars... all the damn way!!!

First and foremost, I believe that this is and will always be the most difficult review I've ever had to write. Not only is this the ultimate conclusion to the Men of Inked series, but it's a very personal story brought to us by my fave Chelle Bliss. I went back and reread all of my annotations and highlights from every single book in this series and the memories came flooding back in. It brought back so many emotions and so many heart wrenching, gut busting sensations. It felt like I was saying goodbye to my own family. I guess I am in a small way. The Gallo's have become a part of me that I will cherish for the rest of my life!

From City's brand of "Roadside Assistance" for Suzie and all his glorious tattoos and rockin' motorcycle in Throttle Me to Michael watching Mia kick some dude in the balls for manhandling her and then telling her she smells like a cupcake, ahhhh... Vanilla Bean Noel... Hook Me, it certainly did... Shortly after the fighter and the fixer Chelle brought us that foul mouthed, arrogant, sexy bitch Izzy Gallo and that damn fine DEA agent James in Resist Me. Talk about aggressive sex scenes... Whoa!!! Enter Thomas and Roxy in Uncover Me. This one nearly put me in the ground with its suspense and all the secrets and damn it, but I'm a sucker for a chick with red hair. Now the final blow is brought to us in Without Me. This book will knock you on your ass and take names later!! Chelle does pepper in a few novellas in there... The Gallos: The Beginning, Throttled, and Resisting just to put her little twists into this magnificent series.

All this time I thought Anthony Gallo was the youngest of the boys and here I stand corrected, he is the oldest of the boys and the last one to fall. And fall hard he did! Although he does come across a tad bit self-centered and a little bit like a man-whore, his character is absolutely exhilarating. Anthony is not what he seems... although he portrays himself as the fly by night rocker and tattoo artist, his heart is the size of Texas. It killed me to see him want for something and not be able to obtain it. He is from Gallo stock and therefore he's genuine, good, and an upstanding person.

Maxine a.k.a. Max was a breath of fresh air. She carries herself in such a way that not only did I respect her and admire her but I wanted to be her. Max was not only dealing with all the bullshit that life naturally throws at you but she was thrown a curveball in the health department and although it may appear she was rolling with the changes she seemed to stay locked up inside of herself until Anthony. I love this woman with my whole heart! She can throw 'em back with the best of 'em, she can hold her own, and she's a knock out! All complete with a over protective older brother... ring any bells... **wink wink!

To wrap this up... this story is humorous, tragic, and unexpected. The storyline is so compelling and the characters so convincing that I found myself making their every move and every word my main concern. I wanted to be Max. I wanted to be loved by Anthony. I wanted to hug Chelle for writing such a breathtaking closing story for the Men on Inked series.

The dialogue flowed with expertise. The pacing was perfect and the tension leading up to that climax... pure bliss! It made me laugh out loud. It made me ugly cry. It will take you to heights you never knew and lows you wish you could forget, but all in all it will warm your heart and brand your soul.

Husbands, boyfriends, and boy toys if your girl is reading the Men of Inked series... you'd better step up your game. LOL!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Without Me.

June 17, 2014 – Shelved