Julie's Reviews > Where Are You Now?

Where Are You Now? by Mary Higgins Clark

Apr 03, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: thriller-suspense, crime-mystery, 2010

Whew--did you manage to get through that lengthy synopsis??? That is kind of an indicator of the plot line for this mystery. Mary Higgins Clarks books always seem to introduce so many different characters in the first few chapters that it is sometimes hard to keep track of each of them. This particular book was no exception. I found myself flipping back and forth quite a bit in the beginning of the story.

What she always seems to be able to do though, is pull it all together. She paces herself, takes her time building each of the different characters individual stories, and slowly entwines them together. She does this so well, that most of the time you aren't able to figure out the true identity of the killer until it is revealed at the end of the book. Not very many mystery or suspense authors are capable of achieving that!

Another thing I can appreciate is that her mysteries are "clean". There is no swearing, no sex scenes and no graphic violence. Personally, I like a little more grittiness to go along with my mysteries, but this doesn't stop me from appreciating this detail regarding hers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where Are You Now?.

April 3, 2010 – Shelved