Exina's Reviews > Murder at Rudhall Manor

Murder at Rudhall Manor by Anya Wylde

liked it
bookshelves: mystery, historical-mystery, england

A murder and a theft have been committed at Rudhall Manor. A box of jewels has vanished and Lord Sedley has been stabbed six times in the chest. Miss Lucy Anne Trotter, a recently employed governess, is to blame for the unfortunate events. The legendary and wickedly handsome Marquis, Lord William Adair, learns of the matter and decides to uncover the truth.

Ms. Anya Wylde’s new novel is a historical mystery. (No romance - sadly, only something in prospect between Lucy and Lord Adair at the end.)

Lucy is meddlesome, tend to embarrass herself, and easily gets into uncomfortable situations. The story is told from her viewpoint, and I often was lost in her rhapsodic, fragmented thoughts and observations.

Lord Adair is a key figure in Penelope too. He is my favorite character from Ms. Wylde books, and he doesn’t disappoint here either. I would love to see him falling in love.

The story is great, though the plot has to fight a serious battle with the narration.

The situations are over-the-top comical, sometimes too exaggerated to enjoy them without raising an eyebrow.

My favorite book by the author is still Penelope, but Murder At Rudhall Manor could be very enjoyable too, if you are in the mood of a historical comedy with a pretty good mystery.

*I received a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder at Rudhall Manor.

June 16, 2014 – Started Reading
June 16, 2014 – Shelved
June 16, 2014 – Shelved as: mystery
June 24, 2014 – Shelved as: historical-mystery
June 24, 2014 – Shelved as: england
June 24, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️ Great review babes!! xx

Exina Shannie❤️Mrs Dominic Knight, Mrs Andrew Hamilton, Mrs. Thomas "Maverick" Hart, Mrs Brad De Luca, Mrs. Blake Barrington❤️ wrote: "Great review babes!! xx"

Thank you, Shannie! :)