Amber's Reviews > Shadow

Shadow by Jenny Moss

Apr 02, 2010

liked it

I probably should start this out by saying I'm not a big fantasy person. I love watching movies that are set in any sort of fantasy realm or medieval times, but I never could get into reading about them. I blame it on the names and the butt load of history that comes with it. But I told myself that I was going to try out new genres so I gave Shadow a stab.

Jenny Moss's writing is very easy going. I never felt myself getting lost in the storyline. The plot was kind of mild. I enjoyed Shadow as a character, but I think the connections between her and other side characters could have been a bit more in depth. Kenway was a good 'love interest'. Their relationship was also a mild one, but it would be kind of odd if it was some passionate love story considering how the plot was.

My big complaint was the lack of action going on in the middle. I know secrets needed to build up and be revealed, but I expected crap to hit the fan seeing as Shadow and Kenway were doing this great escape across the land together. In all, it wasn't the greatest read, and I almost debated giving it a 2.5 rating, but it did hold my interest until the very end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow.

04/03/2010 page 300
78.13% "I just remembered why I don't read fantasy that often. These names confuse the crap out of me."