Liz's Reviews > Three Bags Full: A Sheep Detective Story

Three Bags Full by Leonie Swann

2042021
Apr 02, 2010

did not like it
bookshelves: books-read-in-2010, omg-i-give-up, reviewed, whodunit, talking-animals
Read from April 02 to 12, 2010

I was attracted to this book because come on, sheep solving a murder mystery? How cute is that? However, this book moved sooooo slowly. While the sheep were initially cute, I soon grew tired of reading about them wandering around nibbling grass, because that seemed to be what the majority of this book is about. While I'm sure that gains it points for accuracy (wandering around nibbling grass is, after all, what sheep do best), it deducts major points for putting me to sleep. I have my own theory about what is going on with Glennkill and its sheep, but alas, I suppose I will never know. I tried skipping ahead to the end, but it couldn't even sustain my attention long enough to do that. If anyone out there who has read it wants to let me know about the ending (which I am truly curious about), I'd be obliged.

On the plus side, there is an adorable little flip book in the bottom right-hand corner, which I think actually provided more entertainment than the book itself!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Bags Full.