Tim's Reviews > Fires of Man

Fires of Man by Dan Levinson

11946623

It starts fast and ordinary, ends sharp and extraordinarily and only lets you catch your breath once or twice in between. This is a book with stories-within-stories and some very personable characters. This is a book that requires the readers’ attention, it is not one that you can just casually pick up and read one or two chapters at a time; try to do that and it will never make any sense.

I found myself getting lost in the emotions of the characters right from the beginning. The sights, sounds and feelings of the characters are put out there so well that your imagination can easily take hold and let you walk with them. It was just as easy to find myself in the middle of a desert battle using psionic weapons as it was standing in a park looking at cherry blossoms.

The only weakness is sheer number of characters and the way most chapters focus on a specific one. It gets a little tiring at times trying to remember the details of what last happened to this character and what the situation is with other minor characters. But like I said, this is a book that requires the readers’ attention.

In my opinion this is a very good book; a great start to what could be an exciting series.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fires of Man.

June 14, 2014 – Started Reading