Rechelle Regondola's Reviews > If I Stay

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Jun 13, 2014

Recommended for: people who appreciate life's ups and downs

This book hit me with great impact. The wetness of my pillow is proof enough. Even a part of my blanket is drenched with my tears.

Finding a good book is delightsome. Finding a good book that sets all your emotions in disarray, makes you wonder about life's what ifs, and makes you beg for one more page,is heavenly.

Being a music-lover (classics and everything instrumental, particularly),this book got me from the first chapter. Everything was peaceful. Then, for what seemed like a blink of an eye, complete confusion. If I Stay shocked me when I got to the accident part. I don't read book summaries and other whatnots written on a book's back cover before I read the book so I had no idea that something big was going to happen. The events were so vividly described I felt I was on the scene of the accident itself. I felt like I was transported into the book's own world. That was when I realized that this book is one of a kind.

Gayle Forman did a wonderful job by writing the book in the first person perspective. Personally, it made me feel Mia's joys and pains vicariously. Forman's profound writing abilities aside, writing the book in Mia's point of view made an unbreakable bond between the book and the reader. The book's brilliant simplicity is so captivating and the characters are really realistic it's like I was reading about the life of someone I know. This is the first Gayle Forman novel I've read and she got me scheduling a bookstore visit tomorrow to buy more of her books.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If I Stay.

June 11, 2014 – Started Reading