Lucia's Reviews > Dragonfly in Amber

Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon

bookshelves: favorites, bookshelves-owned, 5-stars-read, historical
Read 2 times. Last read July 17, 2014 to July 23, 2014.

UPDATE:

This book was even better second time around! Probably because I knew what to expect so I didn’t feel like I would die of anxiety attack every other chapter and could properly enjoy/feel all the tiny details/emotions of this story.

REVIEW:
“I’m honest enough to say that I dinna care what the right and wrong of it may be, so long as you are here wi’ me, Claire,” he said softly. “If it was a sin for you to choose me…then I would go to the Devil himself and bless him for tempting ye to it.” - Jamie

I love Jamie's playfulness, temper and selflessness.

I love Claire's wit and determination.

I love Mrs. Gabaldon's writing abilities and complex storytelling skills.

And I freaking adore this series!

Do not make any excuses, you have to read and experience this epic story yourself!

James Fraser in all his glory:

“I stood still, vision blurring, and in that moment, I heard my heart break. It was a small, clean sound, like the snapping of a flower's stem.” - Claire

And just a little advice for my fellow readers:

MORE REVIEWS ON MY BLOG Reading Is My Breathing

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragonfly in Amber.

Finished Reading
June 13, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
June 13, 2014 – Shelved
July 17, 2014 – Started Reading
July 17, 2014 –
1.0% "My schedule is cleared. Time to dive back into this series :)"
July 18, 2014 –
10.0% "“Oh, Claire, ye do break my heart wi’ loving you.”"
July 19, 2014 –
20.0% ""We are bound, you and I, and nothing on this earth shall part me from you.""
July 20, 2014 –
30.0% ""And here I thought I married you because ye had a fair face and a fine fat arse. To think you've a brain as well!"\n Oh Jamie, you give compliments like no other LOL"
July 20, 2014 –
41.0% "“I can stand a lot! But just because I can, does that mean I must? Do I have to bear everyone’s weakness? Can I not have my own?”"
July 21, 2014 –
53.0% ""His hand hovered over mine, close enough that I felt the warmth of his skin. I felt other things as well: the grief that he held tight under rein, the anger and the fear that choked him, and the courage that made him speak in the spite of it."\n So many emotions right now! How can one cope with it? "
July 22, 2014 –
65.0% "“You dinna need to understand me, Sassenach," he said quietly. "So long as you love me.”"
July 23, 2014 –
90.0% ""Alive, and one. We are one, and while we love, death will never touch us.""
July 23, 2014 –
100.0% "This series is perfection! But now I need double chocolate ice-cream so I can at least partially mend my broken heart. Review to come later..."
July 23, 2014 – Finished Reading
July 24, 2014 – Shelved as: favorites
March 23, 2016 – Shelved as: bookshelves-owned
April 3, 2016 –
0.0% "Re-read! Just in time for season 2 premiere on Starz next weekend :)"
April 8, 2016 –
46.0% ""I had always heretofore assumed that the tendency of eighteenth-century ladies to swoon was due to tight stays; now I rather thought it might be due to the idiocy of eighteenth-century men.""
April 8, 2016 –
55.0% "I survived France for the second time! Now onto the The Jacobite Rebellion...\n "
January 5, 2017 – Shelved as: 5-stars-read
January 18, 2017 – Shelved as: historical

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)

Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie Great review, Lucia!!! :)

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* Have you started Voyager yet? LOL

Lucia Christine The Dark Romance Junkie *Reads YA Like A Boss* wrote: "Great review, Lucia!!! :)"

Thank you, Christine!

Lucia Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* wrote: "Have you started Voyager yet? LOL"

Soon ;) Seems like I can't stay away from Jamie for long.

Lucia Yosira wrote: "I'm still in the middle of the first book ;( it's a good book so it takes time for me to finish it (English is not my main language), after reading your review I can't wait to start the 2nd book. N..."

Yes, these books take forever to read but it is all so worth it! Thank you and I hope you end up loving this series :)

Natalie Voyager is even more amazing!

Cute review :)

Lucia Natalie wrote: "Voyager is even more amazing!

Cute review :)"

Thanks Natalie :) I am so excited for Voyager! I miss Jamie already.

Jessi Great review Lucia! :)

Jennifer Lane Aw, your review brought back good memories of this book and I love the quotes you chose. :-)

message 10: by Karla (new)

Karla Great review lucia I loved outlander and I'm excited and nervous to start this one soon I love jamie ♡

Lucia Jessi wrote: "Great review Lucia! :)"

Lucia Karla wrote: "Great review lucia I loved outlander and I'm excited and nervous to start this one soon I love jamie ♡"

Thank you so much, Karla :) This sequel is super intense and touching and heartbreaking, but still amazing read similarly as Outlander. I am looking forward to your thoughts on this one!

Lucia Jennifer wrote: "Aw, your review brought back good memories of this book and I love the quotes you chose. :-)"

I highligted so many quotes, it was difficult to pick the best ones for review :)

message 14: by Mo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mo Fantastic review, Lucia. Jame is the man!!

message 15: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Montoya fantastic review, love the quote, so lyrical. Makes wanna read this books...

Paloma *The Romance Queen* YESS Dee read them!!!!!

message 17: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Montoya I'll add them all, Thanks girlie!!

message 18: by Mo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mo Dee is Tack's Property. wrote: "fantastic review, love the quote, so lyrical. Makes wanna read this books..."

You would love Jamie!!

message 19: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Montoya Mo wrote: "Dee is Tack's Property. wrote: "fantastic review, love the quote, so lyrical. Makes wanna read this books..."

You would love Jamie!!"

seems very romantic!!

Karen Great review!!! Agree Agree Agree!!!

message 21: by Mo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mo Karen wrote: "Great review!!! Agree Agree Agree!!!"

Did you like this series, Karen, lass??

Lucia Mo wrote: "Fantastic review, Lucia. Jame is the man!!"

Thank you, Mo :) And yes, Jamie is the best!

Lucia Dee is Tack's Property. wrote: "fantastic review, love the quote, so lyrical. Makes wanna read this books..."

Thank you so much, Dee :) And you have to read this series, it is absolutely phenomenal!

Lucia Karen wrote: "Great review!!! Agree Agree Agree!!!"

message 25: by Karen (last edited Jul 25, 2014 05:20AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karen Mo wrote: "Karen wrote: "Great review!!! Agree Agree Agree!!!"

Did you like this series, Karen, lass??"

I fuckin' did, was I a bit over the top?

message 26: by Christy (new)

Christy Fabulous review, Lucia! :) I will read this series soon! <3

Lucia Christy wrote: "Fabulous review, Lucia! :) I will read this series soon! <3"

Thank Christy :) I hope you will love it, but it i simposible not to fall in love with this series!

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤  Wonderful review Lucia :))

Lucia Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤ wrote: "Wonderful review Lucia :))"

Thanks Pavlina :)

message 30: by destini mia (new)

destini mia Wonderful review, as always, Lucia!! ♥

message 31: by P (new)

P Nice review, Lucia !

Lucia Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie wrote: "Wonderful review, as always, Lucia!! ♥
I've kind of been on the fence about this series. Some of my friends love it and others hate it"

Thank you, Mia :) I can't even express how much I love this series. I get it that it is not for everyone but for me it is everything (it is up there on pedestal with Red Rising trilogy and All Souls trilogy). In case you decide to read it and end up loving it, I can guarantee you that this series will consume you like no other!

Lucia P.Z. wrote: "Nice review, Lucia !"

Thanks :)