Jasmin's Reviews > The Little Lady Agency

The Little Lady Agency by Hester Browne

Mar 31, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: chick-lit, contemporary-romance, humor, contemporary, fiction, three-stars, reviewed-by-me
Recommended for: Anybody who's interested
Read from July 15 to 17, 2010

Melissa Romney-Jones, Pony club frump and full time sucker. She lost her boyfriend, lost her job, being taken advantage by former boss, owes her father ten thousand pounds (which she lent to her ex-boyfriend as an investment for a ski business. Him running away was entirely unfortunate) and did I mention, a full time sucker?

At a loss for a job and of money, Melissa is being recruited to an up-market escort agency, run by Miss McKinnon (Melissa’s home economics teacher), believing it was a clean business. Melissa then dons a blonde wig and turns herself into Honey Blennerhesket, bombshell extraordinaire. But despite, the decent front of the business, Melissa was still, a call girl, but a dignified one at that.

As fates push Melissa to the right direction, she puts up her own agency called: The Little Lady Agency.
”Gentlemen! No Little Lady in Your Life? Call the Little Lady Agency: Everything organized, from your home to your wardrobe, your social life to you. No funny business or laundry.”

Melissa suddenly becomes more of Honey everyday, aside from when she’s out with American client, Jonathan Riley. Could Melissa finally turn her life around and be Honey, even without the blonde hair?

Aside from the little entertainment this book brought me, I’ve learned that:
”The secret of a long and happy marriage was a large house. Big enough to spend significant portions of your day pretending you were, in fact, still single. But, two houses, if it could be arranged, was the ideal.”

Which I want to prove false someday :p
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Little Lady Agency.

04/02/2010 page 12