Lucy's Reviews > Flashforward

Flashforward by Robert J. Sawyer

Mar 31, 2010

After watching the tv series I heard that it was based on a book, the theme of the show intrigued me so I got the book, it is very different from the show, the premise is that the characters in the book in fact take a glimpse at their lives 21 years into the future, as apposed to the few months that feature in the show. It is a thoughtful book, posing the question, if we were to know our future how would that affect our present day lives…? Do we have free will, is the future set in stone or can we alter it…and also those that didn’t see anything in the future, have to content with the realisation that they will; in fact not be around by then causes them to seek their future as best they can. I felt that if this were to occur then the book provides a pretty accurate description of how we would deal with it. I couldn’t put the book down, and it also led me to read up on some of the science mentioned and to ponder our own lives, do we make the best of them, or are we in fact just passing through…. It was a great read and I look forward to the show returning next month.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flashforward.