Hellen's Reviews > Love Edy

Love Edy by Shewanda Pugh

Disclaimer: I got thus from the publisher for an honest review.
Edy Phelps is having it hard…between dancing, which she uses as an escape, and falling in love with her best friend/neighbor, Hassan Pradhan. Hassan lives in a world full of dreams of the NFL, the only downfall is that he can’t marry the girl of his dreams, Edy, which Hassan is quickly falling for. When a new person moves in down the road, Edy soon befriends the kid, against Hassan’s wishes. With both Edy and Hassan’s family are long time friends, can they risk putting their friendship before their family?
I will straight up tell you when I started to read this book, I couldn’t quite get over the fact that they were soo young. When I started I kind of (truth be told) didn’t get into the book, I kind of got stuck and set it aside for a few days. WRONG MOVE!! I soon regretted that once I picked the book up again. I picked the book up and holy smokes did it get even better, more drama (the high school kind) started yp and boy did I love it, I’m a sucker for those things. Now when we see Edy she begins as like a tween (is that the right word?) and throughout the book she blossomed into a young teen. Hassan was another story, he was stuck between an annoying bog brother (I think that’s how they act, not sure) and someone who was trying hard not to fall for someone he couldn’t have. Overall I enjoyed this book, now keep in mind I normally don’t do teen romance, and I enjoyed reading it. There were parts where I wanted Edy and Hassan to be happy and be with each other, (but that would be too easy right?) and just forget about their parents and customs. Now the ending was something I, for sure, didn’t see coming. Normally I can predict the endings, but this one? Didn’t happen, but still was a good ending. Now I can’t wait for the second installment to come out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Edy.

June 11, 2014 – Shelved