Jasmine 's Reviews > Never Cry Werewolf

Never Cry Werewolf by Heather Davis

Mar 30, 2010

it was ok
Read from March 30 to 31, 2010

I really wish i could give this book 2.5 stars. =[ I didn't think it was just okay...but I didn't exactly like it either...I know that probably doesn't make sense. =/

I thought this book was a little bit more than just okay, because it was interesting, at parts. But then at others I found myself really bored and wanting to shoot myself. I really liked the ending of this book, and I am really tempted to give it 3 stars because of just the ending, but I can't bring myself to do it.

I hear there may be a sequel to this book, and I hope it's better. If there is one I feel like Shelby might become a werewolf, because she had a puncture wound in her. I'm slightly excited to see what happens with Austin and Shelby's story. I won't be eagerly anticipating a sequel or anything, but i will read one if Heath Davis decided to write one.

Now, about Austin. I really liked him, and c'mon just the name Austin sounds hot ( ;:] ), but I felt like he kind of jumped into telling Shelby his secret. I know he felt like he could trust her, but really? He knew her for how long, a couple of days? I thought their relationship wasn't that well developed. They are far from my favorite book couples.

On to Shelby. I'm not sure how I feel about her: on one hand I like her and feel sorry for her, but on the other she gets on my nerves. She's just really annoying at times. For example, when her push-up bra and make-up were taken away she acted like it was the end of the world. OH MY GOD SHE WON'T BE ABLE TO COVER HER FACE WITH JUNK TO MAKE HERSELF LOOK FAKELY PRETTY, AND SHE WON'T BE ABLE TO ENHANCE HER CHEST! THE HORRORS! (One of my pet peeves is people that are in love with make-up, or can't last a couple of days without it.) One thing I really did like about Shelby was how she thought Austin was insane when he told her his secret. In some novels characters easily accept the fact that people they know are some type or supernatural beings, and they aren't even a tad bit scared. Shelby's reaction was realistic; she questioned his secret and at first didn't believe him. At times her scaredness (not a word ;]) of Austin got a bit annoying and I just wanted to scream "HE'S NOT GOING TO HURT YOU WOMAN!"
Oh dear I sound bipolar...I guess what I'm trying to say is that I liked how she didn't immediately believe him, and once she did she was scared, but then it soon got annoying how she couldn't overcome her fear of him for a while.

Overall I think this book was an okay read, but I would've rather been reading something else. While reading Never Cry Werewolf I was easily distracted by other things, such as the TV and other books, but once I actually focused on reading the book I kind of liked it (not really though...oh there I go being bipolar again...)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Cry Werewolf.

03/28/2010 page 1
03/30/2010 page 50
23.15% "seems interesting so far...ahaha she thinks he's a druggie ^^"
03/31/2010 page 161
74.54% "for some reason I can't really get myself to feel strong emotions for any of the characters..."