Kristy's Reviews > If You Dare

If You Dare by Kresley Cole

2079018
Mar 29, 2010

bookshelves: 2011, historical-love, hott-spots, loved-it, special-ops-military-mercenary, highlander-viking
Read from August 02 to 03, 2011 — I own a copy

Wow so two books in a row that I LOVED!! But first I want to gripe about the cover of the book. It really bugs me when book covers are poor representations of the characters they are supposed to be portraying. First of all he looks like a model to me. He doesn't look NEARLY big enough and everything about him screams perfection down to his manicured thumb behind her shoulder. That is NOT my Courtland MacCarrick from this book. Court was 6'5" to start off, and was supposed to all muscles! Not the dainty back I see on this guy. Also, and I guess I can see why they didn't put this on the cover because they want him to be appealing to everyone, but where are the battle scars? Hello? He was a freakin' Scottish Warrior! It says he was covered in scars, INCLUDING his HANDS! I'm sure they didn't look manicured. Ugh. That bugged me.

Now that I have that out of the way I, I can move on. So much happened in this book. It feels like I have been reading it for a lot longer than a day. There was love, hatred, fights, blood, blackmail, kidnapping, escapes, and even a curse! It was great! I was wondering when the love story would start. I knew Court was falling for Annalia pretty quickly, but she really hated him for a long time. Literally it wasn't until page 150 that her feelings started to change for him. She has been attracted to him a couple of times before that, but she also had very strong feelings against him up until that point too.

One aspect of the book that I loved, was the terms of endearment in Gaelic. I love it when the characters feel so strongly, they start using their native tongue to show their heart. Especially because in this book Anna didn't have any clue what he was saying. So he's calling her "My heart" and binding her to him for eternity, and saying she is his and the whole time she has no idea he's giving his heart to her. I loved it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If You Dare.