Black Carrie's Reviews > Who Asked You?

Who Asked You? by Terry McMillan

Loved this book I re-read it today because the last time I read it I was still nursing my son and trying to finish it up . . . this book was really good not going to lie . . . I really don't have a favorite character this book was like reading Mama all over again . . . This book was real and had real characters I hated Quentin's self hating ass each chapter he had made me want to throw up in my damn mouth. Terry Mcmillan did not hold anything back when writing this one.... Bj was a strong woman who had a lot of potential but put it on hold to become a better mother. . . . Sometimes I wish she would have not gotten married instead decided to follow her dreams and become all that she could be....I feel a lot of women in this book settled too fast & did not bother to better their situation only to wait it out :-( I never want to be that type of woman. I liked how all the characters were weaved together like real people you swore you knew . . . I actually felt like a fly on the wall in every chapter . . . Great book this book really makes up for that poor excuse to the waiting to exhale sequel . . . And the audio book is great too because it was narrated by Phylicia Rashad her voice is just lovely <333 I own this book and go back to read it from time to time . . . : - )

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Who Asked You?.

Started Reading