Judy's Reviews > Revelry

Revelry by Carmen Jenner

liked it
bookshelves: arc-or-beta, rocker-musician

Flirty, funny, dirty, raunchy, sexy.

Close your eyes and picture your most stereotypical rock band.
Can you see it?

Hot, sexy men.
The quiet one, the outspoken one, the slut.
Groupies, drugs, booze, parties, sex, sex, sex.
Add in a heavy dose of raunch, a red kitty and some buried feelings of hurt and rejection and you’ve got yourself Revelry.

If I had to compare to other books I’ve read, just to give you an idea.. I’d say a cross between Backstage Pass and Strings! Some scenes may cause you to cringe and to some, probably warrant a warning.

"the universe is a cock-sucking bitch that needs to choke on a rotten whale's vagina"

I was really enjoying the story from the beginning. The band mates have an awesome camaraderie and there's tons of funny throughout. Unfortunately at a certain point, things take a bit of a turn that I just didn't understand. Things also turn a bit crass and crude, still keeping heavy on the funny, but some of it just turned me off.

I kept an open mind and continued reading, although I didn't agree with what was happening, in the end I got what I wanted and finally understood the method to the madness.

"strange how you can be adored by millions and yet completely alone all at the same time."

I'm bracing myself for more of the raunchy, crudeness.. because I want to know more about these guys! Who's up next? Bring on the next member of Taint!

*arc provided by author for an honest review

Read more at Judy's Confessions

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revelry.

June 8, 2014 – Shelved