Tina's Reviews > The Personal Shopper

Mar 28, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: chick-lit, own-it
Read from May 11 to 14, 2010

3.5 stars - This is my first Carmen Reid book. It was lovely. The beginning was good, then it got a little slow (I blame the Roddy flashbacks). Once it picked up it was hard to put down. If you enjoy chick-lit literature with a little romance, fashion, lots of shopping, and fun characters ... give this a go.

Yeahs ::

* I enjoyed reading Annie's personal shopping experiences. It was fashionably witty.
* Ed and Annie's relationship build up was done very well. It was sweet and realistic. The reader is able to fall for Ed at the same time as Annie without it feeling rushed.
* Luvd Connor's interaction with Annie, Owen, and Lana. They had a wonderful relationship.
* Roddy (ex-husband) twist. I was completely surprised. Although, something isn't sitting right with this twist. I felt more deceived.

Nays ::

* Annie was a little frustrating at some points, but over all, I did like her.
* The beginning had a lot to do with Annie's dating disasters. I was a little bored and discouraged. I enjoy chick lit books with HEAs. I was afraid this was leading to the opposite.
* Roddy flashbacks. They didn't seem to fit, so I was bored. The Roddy twist clears it up, but I still think those flashbacks could have been left out.

Plot 3 stars
Romance/Chemistry 4 stars
Drama / Romance ratio 80:20
Ending 4 stars
Good enough to pick up again 3 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Personal Shopper.