Jenni Lea's Reviews > Wolf Run

Wolf Run by B.A. Tortuga

bookshelves: bmbr, comfort-reads, growl-and-howl, favorites

So freaking charming!

What a charming little book! It took me right to my happy place - both times that I read it. It’s a simple story with simple words. Nothing flashy or complicated.

Mick’s gone a’wanderin’. Once he was grown he felt the need to leave his Pack and roam the countryside. He’s been traveling for a while now. One day he happens upon a wolf running in circles behind a fence. He is immediately enthralled by this exuberant pup.

Scott is a cross between Buddy the Elf and Dug, the dog from Up!.

He spends most of his time fuzzy and when human he’s pretty much naked. Like, all the time. He and his mate Daniel were thrown out of their birth pack and have been living on their own, barely scraping by. They’ve been playing house for a couple of years and it’s starting to take a toll on Daniel. He’s so overworked and exhausted he can’t even shift into his wolf any more. Thank goodness Mick found them when he did. These boys are in dire need of an Alpha to take care of them.

I had so much fun reading this book. It is written in a way that just makes me sigh and giggle while reading. The author really got me in the mindset of the animal way more than the man. These men say what is on their minds the minute they think of it. For example:

Mick: “I like your belly. I kinda want to lick it.”

Daniel: “Not mean, more… keen. Hey, that rhymed.”

But my favorite is Scotty. Oh, Scotty. He has a permanent spot reserved in my pocket just for him. He’s so innocent and loving and joyful. Like a big puppy. Or, as I’ve mentioned before, Buddy the Elf.

“I like naps." And cheese. And purple. And snuggles. Snuggles were great.”

He loves anything and everything and is so excited all the time.

“What are we doing?”
“We’re going to fuck, honey.”
“I love fucking!”

Even when he’s pissed off he’s still the most adorable little thing.

“I just want to find him and bite him and take him home and sit on him.”

How can you not love Scotty?

This was a simple little feel-good story. There was about a page and a half of angst that was cute in its own right. There is quite a bit of sex in here but, not to worry, there's still a bit of a plot too. This is a complete comfort read and will forever be a go-to book when I'm feeling down. Thank you B.A. Tortuga, for giving me such a precious little gem of a story.

Copy provided for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wolf Run.

June 5, 2014 – Shelved
June 5, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
June 5, 2014 – Shelved as: bmbr
June 14, 2014 – Started Reading
June 14, 2014 –
1.0% "I like BA Tortuga. I like shifters. Let's see if I like BA Tortuga's shifters, shall we?"
June 14, 2014 –
5.0% ""I like your belly. I kinda want to lick it."\n I think I'm going to use this line the next time I meet someone for the first time. :D"
June 14, 2014 –
10.0% "I'm only 10% in and I already have a pocket reserved for Scott. He's just so freaking adorable I can hardly stand it! I want to squish his cheeks!"
June 14, 2014 –
28.0% ""I like naps." And cheese. And purple. And snuggles. Snuggles were great. \n "
June 15, 2014 – Shelved as: comfort-reads
June 15, 2014 – Shelved as: growl-and-howl
June 15, 2014 – Finished Reading
September 10, 2014 – Shelved as: favorites

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

SheReadsALot Aw! I love the gif so much!!!

Jenni Lea Its perfect for this book. The big one is Mick and the two little ones are Danny and Scotty. They kept doing that in the book too. ♥

message 3: by Ami (new)

Ami Not going to read the book but MAN the .gif is FRICKIN' ADORABLE!

Jenni Lea LOL, that's okay. I don't think this is really your type of book any way. But I agree, that gif is so adorable. :)

Heller All the things about your review! Love the gifs as well. :D

Jenni Lea Thanks! I heart this book so much. :D

Otila Your review made me smile so much esp this “What are we doing?”
“We’re going to fuck, honey.” “I love fucking!”
Ha. Added!

Jenni Lea It's such an adorable little story. I hope you enjoy it. :)

message 9: by Ana_P (new) - added it

Ana_P Wonderful and adorable review, JL! :D

Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ “What are we doing?”
“We’re going to fuck, honey.”
“I love fucking!”

Priceless. LOL! Definitely pocket worthy.

Jenni Lea That's one of my most favorite lines in the story. This whole book just makes me smile. :D

message 12: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara Ack! Okay, I get it!!!

Jenni Lea Sara wrote: "Ack! Okay, I get it!!!"

You gonna give a try? It's complete brain candy.