Fabian's Reviews > Breakfast at Tiffany's

Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote

A charming little anecdote about some ruby-rare bright young thing & ensuing crew--delightly-ful! To be read in a complete sitting in some secret well-lit garden with a basket of tea and crumpets. Necessary as stress relief and sweet as a caramel. Another plus for the already egotistical NYC, Holly Golightly is heavily embossed onto the overall structure, asphalt jungle, itself.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breakfast at Tiffany's.

June 5, 2014 – Started Reading
June 5, 2014 – Shelved
June 6, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

message 1: by Terri (new)

Terri I loved it when I read it as a young girl. I never realized she was a prostitute til I reread it as an adult. Then I found it depressing because that was the only way she could escape. I need therapy...years of it! Ha!

Fabian No... it's everyone else who's crazy! How are you?!?! I am so glad we still keep in touch after all these years! But it's a cute book-- the whole love story on the screen is weak-- imagine a GAY man with THE Audrey Hep? Hip! Anyway, hope all is well! Hugs...

message 3: by Terri (new)

Terri Yes, I LOVE to stay in touch! We are fine-still teaching at EPCC. I am having Cornea transplants in both eyes in the next few months. My vision has really deteriorated and has comprised my ability to read. I will be happy to get that done so I can get back to reading! Hugs to you!

Fabian Oh Mrs. Flick I wish you the best of luck with the surgery. It's really scary to think about--but since we are living in 2014 the scare is superfluous. Keep me posted on any news! Love, F.

message 5: by Greg (new) - added it

Greg Capote is amazing, I must read this one!

message 6: by Rae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae Meadows Perfectly encapsulated!

Fabian Rae wrote: "Perfectly encapsulated!"
Thanks!

message 8: by Kenny (new) - added it

Kenny Terri wrote: "I loved it when I read it as a young girl. I never realized she was a prostitute til I reread it as an adult. Then I found it depressing because that was the only way she could escape. I need thera..." Holly was not a prostitute. She was a call girl. There was a huge difference between the two back in the period when this book was written.

message 9: by Kenny (new) - added it

Kenny I read in my early teens, (13?). This is the book that took me to being an adult reader. To this day it remains one of my favorites.

message 10: by Greg (new) - added it

Greg Fabian, well, I do have a private porch high among the tree-tops and beer and pretzels handy, but I think that will do for a reading of this book.

message 11: by Don (new) - rated it 4 stars

Don It's a wonderful little book. I agree that the romance in the film doesn't work. Truman Capote wanted Marilyn Monroe for the role of Holly and himself as Fred. I'm glad Audrey Hepburn was cast instead.