Angela Goodrich's Reviews > Knock Out

Knock Out by Mallery Malone

bookshelves: the-reviewers, review-copy, sports-romance

Knock Out is the first novella in the Billionaire’s Club: New Orleans series. While it is a short read, it is a fully developed story that pulls you right into Sebastian and Renata’s tale. Sebastian is a billionaire bad boy fighter with a reputation as a player – but that’s because there’s only ever been one woman for him and he left her behind five years ago. Renata is the one that got away – or that he pushed away, breaking her heart and his in the process. But she has a fight coming up and no trainer or manager, so Sebastian has a plan to win her back.

This was a really good read. The characters are well-developed and Ms. Malone provides enough back story that I was able to connect with the characters almost immediately. I was invested in both their relationship and Renata’s match. Because both characters are athletes and well-conditioned, the sex scenes were quite intense – both physically and emotionally. I enjoyed Renata and Sebastian’s story as well as the foundation that the author builds for the next book in the series. I enjoyed Ms. Malone’s writing style and look forward to the next book in the series.

I received a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
Reviewed by Angela at Crystal's Many Reviewers!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knock Out.

June 5, 2014 – Shelved