Jodie's Reviews > Crown of Midnight

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

Jun 04, 2014

bookshelves: genre-fantasy, genre-romance, genre-ya, i-own-ebook, i-own-hardcopy

Read: June 5, 2014
When it comes right down to it, I'm not a high fantasy fan, at all. So it's a pretty big deal for me to be liking this series :)
Looking forward to the third instalment in September!

Re-Read: September 2015
Re-Read: August 9, 2016
Re-Read: September 2017

See more reviews at Words Read & Written

My Thoughts:

To me, Crown of Midnight had a distinctly different vibe to Throne of Glass. It introduced some new characters and Celaena took on a different role as she took up the position of Champion to the King. I like how the story evolved. I also loved how Celaena’s focus moved away from Dorien and onto Chaol because I’m a big fan of him. But yes, the story was definitely different, perhaps because it had less direction – in Throne of Glass, the obvious path was to the final duel, but in this one, you had no real idea where the plot was going to go. Aside from the story, this one also migrated into an alternating point of view style as each character slipped into their own distinctive story line.

It’s in reading Crown of Midnight that I can understand why this series is so popular. The power of this series is definitely in the characters. You just fall in love with them. It’s very powerful to read about characters you love fighting the demons they must face.

My Verdict – Incredible!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crown of Midnight.

June 4, 2014 – Shelved