Camille's Reviews > Exiles

Exiles by Howard Weinstein

Mar 25, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: star-trek, science-fiction, own, 2012

** spoiler alert ** As far as TNG novels go this isn't the worst and it isn't the best. A pretty standard story where the Enterprise has to negotiate peace between two worlds... oh yeah, at one point Picard makes an announcement to the entire crew and families on board and basically says "we're all about to die, just wanted you to know"... but luckily the threat passes and everyone lives. I found this pretty funny because I doubt Picard would actually make that kind of announcement (a little OOC) I can't help but imagine what everyone on board was thinking? I wonder how many people decided to leave the Enterprise after that little announcement like, "you know the star ship is nice and all, but I'll take my chances on a star base."
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Exiles.

March 25, 2010 – Shelved
March 26, 2010 – Shelved as: star-trek
March 26, 2010 – Shelved as: science-fiction
October 20, 2010 – Shelved as: own
January 23, 2012 – Started Reading
January 27, 2012 –
page 106
39.11% "So far it's just "okay"... not the best and certainly not the worst TNG novel I've read. Of course, in the story one planet is starving and I can't help but think, why doesn't the Enterprise just give them a couple food replicators and problem solved."
January 31, 2012 – Finished Reading