Lisa's Reviews > Cold Days

Cold Days by Jim Butcher

Jun 04, 2014

bookshelves: fantasy, wish-list, favorites, paranormal
Read 2 times. Last read April 11, 2017 to April 18, 2017.

First, I should mention that the only two things I remembered from the last time I read this was that Harry Dresden meets Santa Claus in the beginning, and that the final fight resulted in a bit of a surprise.

With that being said, I think I enjoyed this book more the second time around. I laughed louder, I paid attention more, and I found some of my questions getting answered. Granted, I now have new questions, but something tells me that I'll learn more in Skin Game.

I can't talk about this book without talking about the series as a whole. This ongoing series has a lot going for it. It's got comedy, action, mystery, fantasy....it's reasonably well-written (no one can top Tolkien, but still) and you end up feeling for the characters and hoping that none of them will die.

Seriously, if you like urban fantasy, get started on this series!

Review From 2013
Huh, wasn't expecting that particular ending. I like it when I get surprised like that! This is the latest in the Dresden Files, and it didn't let me down. I've really enjoyed all the books so far, and I can't wait for the next one to come out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cold Days.

Started Reading