Michelle's Reviews > VIP

VIP by M.  Robinson

bookshelves: 01-signed

ARC provided kindly by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Screenshot_8

Ysabelle hasn't had an easy life. Growing up with a neglectful mother who had a steady stream of Johns flowing through the slum they lived in. She learned early in life that she had to rely on only herself, that her body was a tool that could get her what she wanted... and she had only one choice left... to leave. Ysa didn't expect life to be glamorous or easy, but when she meets the Madam one night while on shift at the bar - life as she knew it is about to change. The world of high class escorts places Ysa in her element. Seduction was ingrained in her bones, sex was easy and intimacy and love were never an option.

Sebastian knew one thing from the moment he met Julia. She would always be in his life. Growing up with Julia, these two were thick as thieves only one thing had ever threatened to come between them as they grew up. But nothing could force Sebastian to break the heart of his baby girl. Only one girl had ever made him question himself, but that was all before her. The woman that he couldn't stop thinking about - the one that he was willing to do anything to have, any way he could get her... even if it meant that hearts were broken.

Screenshot_1

Okay so let me just start off by saying that when it comes to romance, I don't like to read about cheating. It is a hard limit. But for the first time in what felt like forever I was able to get past that because of the way this relationship grew. I can't fully put my finger on exactly what it was that made me okay with this... maybe it was because Sebastian wasn't a horrible person, maybe it was because he had already sacrificed his own heart once before.... or that Ysa and Sebastian were just meant to cross paths... whatever it was, I was 100% guilt free during this read.

Now, this story read for me in two parts. The first 50% was the separate story of these two - the stark differences in how they grew up, the things they faced and the choices they made. This part felt a bit sluggish and I was starting to wonder when things would pick up. But that second half? That is where this story blew me away. Ysa & Sebastian were off the charts hot, the chemistry and the angst of these two drove me to the brink at times. Once this story merged, there was absolutely no way I could put it down.

Screenshot_2

After finishing this story and having a day to process all the feels, I am a bit perplexed still as to exactly what it is that I feel. I wasn't overly connected to either Ysa or Sebastian, typically I need this. I think the start of this story, although it provided ample ammunition to be drawn to both of them was just too slow for me to form that bond. But that being said, it didn't mean that I walked away not caring. There was a particular scene that involved Sebastian that brought me to tears and that moment was a driving force (those choices he made) for me being absolutely okay with the idea of infidelity.

There are really only a few reasons that this did not hit a five star. First the start and then the ending. I needed the start of this to move faster, I was more anticipating what was going to happen than focusing on what was happening. I don't yet know if the 3rd book will give us more, or if that will be focused on another character - but I wanted to have something a bit more than my imagination filling in the space where an epilogue could have been placed. I am a sucker for a fantastic epilogue, it can make it or break it for me as a reader.

This being my first M. Robinson read, I can honestly say that I will continue to read her books. She was able to grab my attention enough with this story to overlook my no-go theme and also give me a hero that was (even while cheating) a sweet guy. I look forward to starting Madam shortly, there has to be one helluva back story there this woman.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read VIP.

June 3, 2014 – Shelved
June 3, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
June 17, 2014 – Started Reading
June 17, 2014 – Finished Reading
May 14, 2017 – Shelved (Other Paperback Edition)
May 14, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read (Other Paperback Edition)
January 23, 2018 – Shelved as: 01-signed

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

message 1: by S.M. (new)

S.M. West Great review and love your art!!

message 2: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Thank you, Suzanne!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review Michelle! :)

message 4: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Thank you, Tori!

message 5: by TeriLyn (new)

TeriLyn Awesome review, Michelle!

Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️ Gorgeous review Michelle!! ❤

message 7: by • Lisa • (new)

• Lisa • Super review x

♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥ Wonderful review and art, Michelle xx

message 9: by Jessi (new) - added it

Jessi Wonderful review Michelle! :)

message 10: by Linn (new)

Linn I do not ever read books which do not have a HEA - please tell me if it is one.

message 11: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Linn wrote: "I do not ever read books which do not have a HEA - please tell me if it is one."

(view spoiler)

message 12: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Thank you ladies!