Nikki's Reviews > Hana-Kimi: For You in Full Blossom, Vol. 1

Hana-Kimi by Hisaya Nakajo

F 50x66

Synopsis: This book is about a Girl named Mizuki who ends up developing a crush on a Japanese-American high jumper named Izumi Sano. She likes him so much, that when she finds out that he goes to an all boy school in Japan, she transfers there and disguises herself as a guy, so that she can spend some time with him.

Classification
Audience: 10 +
Purpose: Entertain
Medium: Graphic Novel
Genre of setting: Realism Fiction
Genre of style: Idealism
Genre of plot: Romance/drama

Criticism: I rated this book 10 + because it’s pretty easy to read. There is some talk about gay people, but it’s not that bad. So I think elementary kids can handle it. I really liked this volume. I’m hoping I can find some more volumes at the library. I really liked how a girl could get away with disguising herself as a boy at an all boy school, even though she’s a girl. So far, only two people in Japan know she’s a boy, Sano, and the doctor. The doctor doesn’t rat her out, because he’s gay and he knows what it’s like to love somebody so much. I really like the doctor in the book because he’s gay, and I love gay people. So, since this book has gay people, a risky girl, cute dudes and an adorable dog in it, it’s pretty much the perfect book to me. So I definitely want to read some more volumes form this series. There’s also a mini-chapter in this book from, another manga series, so I might read that series too. Anyways, if you like Japanese manga, I would suggest that you read this book because it was really good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hana-Kimi.

March 25, 2010 – Started Reading