Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)'s Reviews > Dark Fire

Dark Fire by Robyn Donald

Aura loves her fiance Paul, but she doesn't love him that way that she feels for Flint. To Aura, Paul is comfort and safety. Flint is danger, white hot passion, and as far from 'safe' as possible. But Flint keeps pushing at her, tormenting her with the desire she feels for him, and the fact that he thinks she's nothing but a gold digger. That makes Flint a big jerk in my opinion. Even if he is right and Aura is making a mistake marrying Paul. He might try to deceive himself into thinking he's doing it for his friend's own good, but the truth is he wanted Aura for himself.

I felt bad for Aura. She really did want to do the right thing, and she knew she wouldn't marry Paul when it became clear that she was so blatantly in lust with his friend. If only Flint had trusted Aura to do the right thing.

I can't remember if I've read this before. Chances are I did, but I still enjoyed it. The passion and the emotional intensity are all there in this story. Aura's situation tugged on my heart, and I think with her emotional integrity, she deserved her happy ending. I wasn't 100% convinced that was with Flint until the end, and then I was satisfied that he truly did love her. I loved the epilogue, because it showed how they were meant to be together, and also things are resolved with Paul and Flint and Paul and Aura.

I think this is one of Robyn Donald's best books. Flint is definitely her style of cruel hero, but I saw some things in him that redeems him in my eyes. I enjoyed this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Fire.

Finished Reading