Anna (Enchanted by YA)'s Reviews > The Host

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

The host is a riveting and unforgettable novel that I love with all my soul.>/i>

Even readers who didn’t like the Twilight Sage will love this novel, and I beg you to not base this book on these thoughts, because the plot is pure genius and includes so many feels that you can’t help but fall in love with it.

The Host is a sci-fi novel for people who aren’t fans of sci-fi if that makes any sense. It transgresses from what you’d typically expect in this genre and that makes it perfect for a huge range of people. Even though it isn’t marketed as a YA novel, young adults along with adults will enjoy it unreservedly.

Everything about this book is phenomenal. The plot is original and thought-provoking. The setting is astounding. The writing is beautiful; no one can doubt Stephanie Meyer’s talent for writing, she sweeps you away into a new world filled with love and despair. The characters are well thought out and bring up so many emotions in you. It was both heart-wrenching and heart-warming to live in the lives of these characters and I will forever treasure what they have taught me, even if that sounds cliché.

Wanderer is easily the most inspirational character with her kind and selfless personality. It was written from her point of view and followed her journey, where it looks into the ideas of what it means to be human, individualism, identity and what it is to love and be loved in all terms of the word.

I have nothing but praise for this book and the author, and I don’t think I can reiterate enough that Twilight is not a patch on the Host.

This well-deserved book has also been turned into a film, and while I am wary of seeing it (because there is nothing worse than seeing a beloved book be slaughtered on screen) I am desperate in the hope that it captures my heart just like this book did. If it is anything like the book it will be a success in my eyes.

Posted on: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Host.

Quotes Anna (Enchanted by YA) Liked

Stephenie Meyer
“You never know how much time you'll have.”

Stephenie Meyer
“Happy and sad, elated and miserable, secure and afraid, loved and denied, patient and angry, peaceful and wild, complete and empty...all of it. I would feel everything. It would all be mine.”

Stephenie Meyer
“I belong wherever I want to be.”

Stephenie Meyer
“Something I've never seen in all my lives. I'm staring at... hope." - Wanda”

Stephenie Meyer
“My first language, the true language of the soul spoken only on our planet of origin, had no word for betrayal or traitor. Or even loyalty- because without the opposite, the concept had no meaning.”

Stephenie Meyer
“Strange world isn't it?" It was a few seconds before I could answer "The strangest," I finally agreed.”

Stephenie Meyer
“It seemed too good to be true and thus, be human philosophy, clearly false.”

Started Reading