Ladyporter's Reviews > The Book About Tony Chestnut

The Book About Tony Chestnut by Laurie Monopoli

U 50x66
Mar 24, 2010

“Mommy, mommy, look! Toe…Knee…!” These were the words bubbling from my daughters lips when I walked through the door after a long day of work. It was quite obvious that the Tony Chestnut book had arrived in the mail.

Even more exciting was that the words to the song came rushing back to me and it was apparent that I had heard this song before—my daughter sung it at her Pre-school graduation! It dawn on me, “there is a book for it now!”

Lauri Monopoli and Wendy Sefeik have come together to offer a wonderful book – including a CD – to illustrate the well-known and beloved song by The Learning Shop. This story begins introducing Tony Chestnut and his sister, Eileen. They had just moved to a new house and transferred to their new school. As Tony thought of making new friends, Eileen experiences sadness and perhaps a bit of loneliness. Tony saves the day with the great song that we all remember! If you have not heard the song…please buy this book and enjoy it for years to come.

Parents/Teachers would find this book/CD combo as an asset to their library. This book is a great way to open a discussion for children transitioning to a new school and/or city. Even more so, this book will reinforce teaching of parts of the body and various movements for preschoolers and early elementary students.

The pictures are fantastic and clearly display the movements to the song. This would make a great gift book and fit to keep in your child or students book basket.

You must purchase this book/CD combo. 5 Stars! Excellence!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book About Tony Chestnut.