KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕'s Reviews > The Beats in Rift

The Beats in Rift by Ker Dukey

MY RATING: ☆☆☆☆☆ "THE BEATS IN RIFT" by Ker Dukey

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

☆ Complimentary copy provided by the author "Ker Dukey" in exchange for an honest review ☆
~ THANK YOU ~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

God where to start!! First off anything and I mean anything from this author you know it's going to be good!! I freaking inhaled this book!! I could not put it down!!

TWIN RIVALRY

It was almost but not quite Good versus Evil twin, he wasn't so much evil he just wanted and took what wasn't his..

At the age of thirteen when she's dragged to work with her mother "Meadow" notices two very cute identical twins..

The Jacob twins "Justin and Jared", very popular, good looking and wealthy..The boys take Meadow under their wing she spends time with them on a daily basis and their bond grows stronger if one was busy the other was free..

Jared nic names Meadow "Beats" because she makes him want to tap out beats, and Meadow called him "Rift" which oddly stuck even though she mean't guitar riff.

Even though the twins looked the same on the outside their personalities were very different, Jared being the Musician was a bit rough around the edges and Justin was the high school dream girls football player..

Meadow loved them both, they made her feel worthy and not trashy like her mother

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"I've admired her, protected her, while being what she needs - a friend, I'm in love with Beats, I may be young but I know how I feel, puppy love or not, it was still love."

TWO SIDES OF THE SAME COIN, MY MUSE

The twins father is such a fucked up wanker in this, he treated her like shit and over stepped the line time and time again with pure revulsion in his eyes whenever she is in his presence. Things take a turn for the worst towards the end of the book there abouts..

"You're nothing but a fucking whore, playing both my boys just like your mother did with me and my brother, women like you ruin lives, you turn us into jealous messes. You use us for money, titles. You've been using my boys just like mummy taught you to, using your beauty against us."

YOUR BODY WAS MADE FOR SIN

Just like your mothers

SINS OF THE MOTHER

Things never ran smoothly for Jared and Meadow something always got in the way of their love for each other.

I live and breathe him, he's the last thought in my mind at night, and my first thought when I wake up

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Oh and wait for it there is a whoopsey moment in here too!! When she gives herself to one of them, but it actually turns out it was the other one!!

LOVE CAN BRING YOU LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS

His lips ravish mine, taking his kisses down my neck, sucking and biting. I cry out with pleasure from the new, aggressive side to him. My moans are loud, shattering the thick yearning-filled air. My nails rake down his back and shoulders, making him pump his hips faster.

And this is where shit starts to get real!!

"I loved you more than life. You were air for me, Rift, and when you left it was like living in darkness. My sun was gone. You made me feel like summer lived in my veins when we were together, so when you took off without a goodbye, a harsh winter set up shop within me, leaving me hurt, bitter and cold."

HEART BREAK IS WORSE THAN DEATH

I'm almost sad I've finished this, just left me wanting/craving more!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Beats in Rift.

June 2, 2014 – Started Reading
June 2, 2014 – Shelved
June 2, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Shelly Stalking you now !! this sounds good ! Can't wait to read it

message 2: by Elaine (new)

Elaine Fab review Kat :)

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ When u one click this bugga go right to the end of the book cause she's got a sneak peak of something else in the works and that also looks really good!!

message 4: by Ker (new) - rated it 5 stars