Carly's Reviews > Undaunted

Undaunted by Charity Parkerson

Mandy has been in love with Rhys for as long as she can remember, but their relationship is that of friends, rather than lovers, and he is slowly destroying her life as he breaks her heart.

Rhys knows that he loves Mandy, and is biding his time until the moment is right to make her his own. Content with this knowledge, he thrives on their friendship, and continues to live his life. Focused on his boxing career, complicated family dynamics, and the occasional hook up, Rhys doesn't realise that time is passing him by, until one night changes everything he thought he knew.

Knox has loved Mandy from afar for years, but she has always belonged to his brother, Rhys, and he respects that. Afraid that the emotional damage he sustained in his childhood makes him a dangerous man to love, he has never pursued the one woman who makes him feel alive. All that changes, however, when Rhys shatters Mandy's heart once again and he can no longer keep his distance.

Second in the No Rival series, Undaunted is a complete novella length story that can be read as stand alone, but the experience is enhanced if the series is read in order. The complexities of the relationship that exists between Rhys, Knox, and Mandy has the potential for intense emotional drama. Because of this, I was surprised by how easy it was for me to settle into the storyline, and was a little disappointed with the untapped opportunities for development I saw within the brother's relationship.

Mandy's character is the heart and soul of this story; she is strong, spirited and sexy. Her passionate nature makes this story pop! I was also pleased to see characters from Unsurpassed were included, and loved the scenes that followed up on the storyline from book one.

Undaunted is well written and edited, with passionate sexual encounters, emotional characters, and a fast paced and engaging writing style. I would recommend this series to fans of alpha/fighter themed erotic romances who are looking for a story with adventure and drama, but don't want to be overwhelmed by angst. I'm looking forward to reading Unequaled, the third book in this series, soon!

OFFICIAL REVIEW written for Carly's Book Reviews
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undaunted.

June 1, 2014 – Shelved