Erin Ashley's Reviews > Night Star

Night Star by Alyson Noel

Mar 24, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: paranormal-romance, immortals

** spoiler alert ** I loved the start of this series and now it has sort of gone down hill. Basically if you sum it up in a nutshell it is all about getting an antidote so that the two main characters can get their freak on with each other. It didn't start off that way and now that its all about that, well, the books don't hold that much interest for me anymore. And not to mention that Alyson Noel waffles on reaaaalllyy bad. I get it that the cat is black, his blood is red and Ever is a whiny bitch who can't have sex with her boyfriend for fear of blowing up. It doesn't need to be described for 3 to 4 pages each. I really can't stand Damen, he's just as bad as Edward Cullen (I hate to refer back to Twilight), I much prefer the idea of Ever and Jude. Although, I guess you have to keep the Immortals together right? So, as there are many bad points with this book there are the few I like. I like that Haven got her's in the end and that it still hasn't been simple for Ever to get her 'lets-have-sex-finally' antidote. Summerland is always good to read about and now that there is something evil and sinister lurking around up there it makes it all the more interesting to find out how this series is going to end. The overall feel of this series just screams 'highschool' and I think that this type of series I have probably outgrown. Still, I will read the last book just to see how it ends. This is still a good series I think for the slightly younger teen group.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Star.

March 24, 2010 – Shelved