Jessica's Reviews > The Naughty List

The Naughty List by Suzanne Young

Mar 23, 2010

liked it

I wish I enjoyed this more than I did. I read some really great reviews about it and was extremely excited to get my hands on it, I even pushed it up on my TBR list. But this didn't do it for me. Tessa seemed like an impossibly perfect character, she was too perky and too optimistic all the time. It drove me nuts. Christian was a little too stalkerish-I probably would've called the cops on him! And although I thought it was a great idea that SOS tried to dispel cheerleader and other stereotypes, I actually think they might have enforced some (like being perky, jocks vs. cheerleaders, all guys being cheaters).

However, there were a few things I did like! I enjoyed the real view this novel took on teenage sexuality-that they do indeed have sex-but it wasn't overkill. I also really enjoyed the feminist cheater butt kicking! I loved how all of the females were empowered. And although Tessa always having a bright look on everything drove me a little crazy, she was cute and the nice things she said were probably things we should all be saying/thinking.

Overall, this was a super quick and fun book. Did I mention original? SOS was fantastic! I recommend this to middle-older teenage girls.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Naughty List.