Lena ♫ ♪ 's Reviews > Desires of the Dead

Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting

Mar 23, 2010

bookshelves: 2011-release, arcs
Read in October, 2010

Holy cow! Desires of the Dead is one of the best sequels I've read in a really long time. I forgot how amazing Kimberly's writing is. I'm literally at a lost for words.

Wow. Just...wow!

What I love about Desires of the Dead is how Kimberly write's from Violet's point of view, but switches every now and then to "the bad guy's" POV. This is what originally hooked me on The Body Finder. It's dark, it's twisted, it's made of win!

Violet and Jay's relationship begins to develope into something hotter, sexier and more complicated than it was in The Body Finder. Just like all couples, they start dealing with intimacy and trust issues. It's not always happy, but at least it's interesting!

Unlike a lot of sequels out there, this one comes full circle. I really enjoyed that. Sometimes, too much of a cliffhanger can become not only tiresome, but irritating. In this case, it's just the right amount of satisfaction and craving for more.

Fans of The Body Finder will jump and cheer for Desires of the Dead. It's deliciously dangerous in all the right ways.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Desires of the Dead.

10/14 page 150
41.0% "So effin good!" 3 comments
06/16 marked as: read

message 1: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Is this out already?

Lena ♫ ♪ No, it comes out March...1st? LOL, the arc just says 03/11.

Morgan You are SOOOOOO lucky that you got to read Desires of the Dead!!! I want to read it SO badly!! Glad you enjoyed it!