Holly's Reviews > Forever Amish

Forever Amish by Kate Lloyd

I chose this book because frankly I am intrigued by the Amish life and Lancaster is close by to my home. I also grew up with horses so the book caught my eye of course. I started out liking this book and by the end I loved it. It really is a sweet story. Admittedly, I have not read the other books in the trilogy but it made no difference. Reading Forever Amish sparked my interest enough as to where I will read the others in the series.

I loved Rhoda and watching Sally`s relationship with Armin grow was really cute. I was rooting for them to get together. I wasn't expecting so much speculation of Sally`s mother throughout the book and it became somewhat monotonous. I was also pleasantly surprised by a couple things when I thought I knew what was going to happen and this was going to be a predictable book, I was wrong. A little bit of suspense in the beginning with not knowing who the people were that took Sally in, I actually started to wonder if it was going to turn into a horror but it did not. One thing that kind of took away from the book was the fact that I've watched Amish Mafia...but that's not the book's fault!

The author really captured the Amish lifestyle and I am excited to read the other books in the trilogy. The only thing I wish would have been added in the epilogue, especially since this is the last book, was how Sally`s father was doing and what ended up happening with his health as well as their relationship. I was hoping she forgave him and accepted him and forgot about the past.

I loved this sweet story! I would even read it again.

I have received this book from Netgalley in exchange for my honest opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever Amish.

June 1, 2014 – Started Reading