Krystal's Reviews > The Shadow of the Wind

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón

2561960
Mar 23, 2010

bookshelves: fiction, mystery, books-about-books

A book for a book lover but also a very haunting book because of the story the main character spends the book chasing down. It ends as tragically as you can hope (it might go a little melodramatic at times) however, the book never lets you lose hope and because of that, I enjoyed it. (Word to the wise: it is a very wordy book with whole chapters of info dump onto the reader - it surprisingly doesn't detract too much from the movement of the story but is a bit disconcerting at first).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shadow of the Wind.

Quotes Krystal Liked

Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“Bea says that the art of reading is slowly dying, that it's an intimate ritual, that a book is a mirror that offers us only what we already carry inside us, that when we read, we do it with all our heart and mind, and great readers are becoming more scarce by the day.”
Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind

Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“Every book, every volume you see here, has a soul. The soul of the person who wrote it and of those who read it and lived and dreamed with it. Every time a book changes hands, every time someone runs his eyes down its pages, its spirit grows and strengthens.”
Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind