karen's Reviews > The English Patient

Nov 25, 2007

it was ok
bookshelves: books-everyone-loves-but-me, upstairs-neighbors

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The English Patient.

message 1: by Jenbebookish (new)

Jenbebookish You didn't like this?

karen nah. i mean, i read it ages ago, so i probably couldn't give you specifics, but it was not for me at all.

message 3: by Jenbebookish (new)

Jenbebookish another random question totally unrelated to GR! because of you, I'm on Netgalley and successfully reading approved titles! So thank you for that! But I am curious about the extent of your reviewing ON netgalley. There is a place for a rating and a review, as well as the option to give a link to your OTHER reviews of said book. I'm curious if you keep that up? Do you leave detailed reviews? or do you copy and paste your reviews from GR? Or do you just list your link to a GR review?

I only ask because I am told one's profile, etc has everything to do with whether you get approved for things, and I'm just wondering if the reviewing is part of the deal because I am tempted to leave just a few lines for each book and a rating, but if it improves my chances to review in depth of course I'd like to know so I can do so.

Thx for always taking the time to respond, I know you have sooo many comments it's so nice of you to take the time to respond to us all! You are my go-to for all things bookish ;^D

karen yeah, i just cut and paste whatever i have written for goodreads into the netgalley field and also add a link to the same review. they recently changed the whole "lave feedback" area to add more questions, but i don't write two separate reviews - that would take over my whole life!!i'm not sure how it affects your approval rating to only write a couple of lines. i figure as long as you are giving them feedback ,they should be pleased,right?

Erica Hahaha! I was just going to come here to say: Karly also does not love this story! But Karly beat me to it.

karen ha! good for us, guys!

Karly *The Vampire Ninja, Luminescent Monster & Wendigo Nerd Goddess of Canada (according to The Hulk)* :D all three of us are in 2 star agreement. But then we really aren't the "romantic" audience. lol

karen we hate love.

Erica karen wrote: "we hate love."

Truer words.
They have never been typen.

karen HA! hideously deformed love

karen the sean of the house brought me flowers tonight. so i punched him and said "NOOOOOOOOOO!!! GROOOSSSSS!"

Erica Live flowers?
Not dead ones?
I love dead flowers because they are good for compost.

Sean of the House has some severe issues. You should take him to the vet next time you take Maggie in, have him looked at.

karen yeah, these are all alive and pretty and colorful.

weee don't have any compost, though. sean and maggie will be going to the vet on saturday. i will see about getting a 2-for-1 deal

I have told CQ that if he brings me live or dead flowers I will laugh and mock him for being a sucker.

Sean is a sucker.... I bet Maggie eats zee colourful flowers.

karen hahah sean LOVES bringing me flowers. even though i tell him it is a silly expense. but he doesn't listen! he's all LET ME GET THAT DOOR FOR YOU AND CARRY YOU OVER THAT PUDDLE

karen he is. he'd probably like this book

Karly *The Vampire Ninja, Luminescent Monster & Wendigo Nerd Goddess of Canada (according to The Hulk)* Hahaha!!!! Probably, seems like something a romantic might like.

Erica I don't understand Sean at all.
I've put something in the upcoming box for him and now I'm worried he won't think it's funny. I'm worried he'll be all, "That's so thoughtful!" or something when, in fact, it is not. It is funny.
I'll put instructions on it. He seems like he probably follows instructions. Does he follow instructions?

Karly *The Vampire Ninja, Luminescent Monster & Wendigo Nerd Goddess of Canada (according to The Hulk)* Lol!!! He buys flowers when Karen thinks its a silly expense... listens well, I'm sure.

Erica Well, he's listening to old fashioned instructions on how to be a romantic guy, soooo...I think those even come with some addendum that says "When the lady doth protest too much, it means she really wants the flowers so keep buying them"

message 25: by Miriam (new)

Miriam I once had a guy plant plastic flowers in the snow outside my house. I thought that was both romantic and funny.

Karly *The Vampire Ninja, Luminescent Monster & Wendigo Nerd Goddess of Canada (according to The Hulk)* Erica: Perhaps you have a point.

Miriam: Now THAT is just about the cutest thing I've ever read! I would find that both romantic and funny, too.