Maria Ella's Reviews > The Beach Book

The Beach Book by Melcher Media

May 31, 2014

liked it
bookshelves: 2014-reading-challenge, most-loved

Good collection of short stories, set in the wonders of the beach, either basking in the sun at high noon, or showcasing the wonderful colors of sunset and dusk and night time.

There is one story that bored me, all about the Pirates and its long journey. I believe it did not fit perfectly in the collection since the other stories reveal a genre of slice-of-life, of adventures and misadventures combined, and some tall-tales being bequeathed from one generation to the next.

I loved the missing kid in Dahl's short story collection, and its ability to talk to animals and the rare chance to ride a pawikan. It made me dream to go back to Dumaguete and go straight to the Apo Reef, where I can be a mermaid again, swimming with the pawikan and little fishies.

I definitely missed the beach. And the beach book helped me remember my happy moments with it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Beach Book.

May 31, 2014 – Started Reading
May 31, 2014 – Shelved
May 31, 2014 – Shelved as: 2014-reading-challenge
May 31, 2014 – Shelved as: most-loved
June 9, 2014 –
page 104
40.78% "Starting the Cove. :)"
June 16, 2014 –
page 114
44.71% "Dear beach book, stop being a bitch. If your collection of stories are so dark that includes death, I will never stop to swim in the big blue ocean."
June 29, 2014 – Finished Reading