Claire Robinson's Reviews > Falling for the Groomsman

Falling for the Groomsman by Diane Alberts

bookshelves: entangled, shit-hot-series

4 - Dr. McAss & Patient McClumsy Stars!

Falling for the Groomsman could not be a more perfect start to the Wedding Dare series (not forgetting Dare to Resist obviously). Jen McLaughlin (Diane Alberts)has put together a hilariously funny, but also sweetly poignant story to ease the reader in, like hot chocolate off a spoon.

”Hey, Red.”
“It’s Christine.”
“Not to me.”... “To me, you’ll always be Red.”

Christine Forsythe and Tyler Dresco have history, not great history but the memories of their one and only time together on a holiday to Mexico 8 years ago are still strong for them both. Bearing in mind Tyler ran like Usain Bolt out of the starting gate after the taking her virginity, Christine is wary of having anything to do with him whilst spending the week at Beaver Creek Resort for her best friend Kady’s (his little sister) wedding.

Sweaty palms. Racing hearts, and forgotten dreams.

Christine has spent the last 8 years comparing every man to Tyler, and no-one has quite measured up, with that in mind she has come to the wedding with a specific set of goals, none of which include Tyler.

Christine’s Sex To-dos
- Kiss a stranger.
- Have sex outside
- Make out in an elevator.

Being back in her company made him feel as if he’d never stopped thinking about her. Never stopped wanting her.”

Several massive plus points for this book, that made this couple work so well together for me, were firstly their interactions; their verbal sparring was conducted with such ease and flow that I really felt the history between them. As the book develops you begin to understand that both of them have spent the last 8 years carrying around completely the wrong end of the stick as to what happened that night in Mexico between them.

”I had sex with you because I wanted to. Because you made me feel good. Not because I was drunk and out of my head.”

”When we get too close... Sparks fly. Inevitably, you end up pressed against a wall with me in between your legs. Mexico. Last night. Tonight...”

I also loved that the whole little sisters best-friend aspect wasn't overplayed in the story, admittedly it is one of my favourite tropes, but sometimes you just want to get down to the nitty-gritty, and hells-yeah we do in Falling for the Groomsman.

Tyler – “You want me to kiss you. Touch you. Fuck you. Admit it.”
Christine – “You talk to your patients that way Dr. Dresco?”

Christine was an absolute gem of a character as well, I loved that she gave Tyler a dose of his own medicine, by turning him down and doing a Houdini on him every chance she got!

”I’m refusing your refusal of my refusal.”

But boy can Tyler turn the heat up...AND FAST!

”This time? I’m not fucking stopping. And no running away”

“No running away.” ... “I won’t stop you this time. I’m yours Tyler.”

“Damn right you are.”

The dual POV really works in this book, you get the story from both sides, and you see them both at their strongest as well as at their most vulnerable, it also adds to the fact that you are given a little insight into the rest of the characters that will figure in the future books of the series.

”The idea of you with another man will never, ever make me feel better. You were supposed to be mine.”

If the quality of the writing and storyline contained in Falling for the Groomsman is the standard we can expect from this series, then ladies you are in for a treat!

ARC generously provided by Entangled in exchange for the above honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling for the Groomsman.

May 31, 2014 – Started Reading
May 31, 2014 – Shelved
June 1, 2014 – Shelved as: entangled
June 1, 2014 – Shelved as: shit-hot-series
June 1, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

• Lisa • LOL - can't wait x

Claire Robinson Lisa Jayne wrote: "LOL - can't wait x"

I feel all sortsa pressure now!

• Lisa • Claire wrote: "Lisa Jayne wrote: "LOL - can't wait x"

I feel all sortsa pressure now!"

Nah your review title sold me straight away ;-)

Claire Robinson Lisa Jayne wrote: "Claire wrote: "Lisa Jayne wrote: "LOL - can't wait x"

I feel all sortsa pressure now!"

Nah your review title sold me straight away ;-)"

Cool I will leave it at that then, why mess with perfection ;)

• Lisa • Claire wrote: "Lisa Jayne wrote: "Claire wrote: "Lisa Jayne wrote: "LOL - can't wait x"

I feel all sortsa pressure now!"

Nah your review title sold me straight away ;-)"

Cool I will leave it at that then, why ..."

I'm with you babes x

message 6: by Diane (last edited Jun 01, 2014 07:53PM) (new) - added it

Diane Alberts I don't normally comment on reviews, but I saw this and totally snort-giggled/burst into laughter! Love the reference!! <3

Claire Robinson Diane wrote: "I don't normally comment on reviews, but I saw this and totally snort-giggled/burst into laughter! Love the reference!! <3"

Thanks! :)

Nicola I think this is one of your finest.

Claire Robinson Nicola wrote: "I think this is one of your finest."

Oh stop it you, you're making me blush :) xx

Janey Great review, my dear! X

Claire Robinson Janey wrote: "Great review, my dear! X"

Thanks Janey xx

message 12: by Golden (new) - added it

Golden Uhm hey, it seem like ya'll read this book and I am wondering if one of you guys can help me. You see I am new here at goodreads and I keep pressing the "want to read" button but the book never opens or something please help