Andrea Guy's Reviews > Return to the Beach House

Return to the Beach House by Georgia Bockoven

bookshelves: 2014-reviews, beach-reads-without-a-beach, women-s-fiction, tlcblogtours

Toss this book into your beach bag and head towards the water! If ever there was a perfect beach read, this is the one. I felt so relaxed while reading it.

What I really liked about this book was that it was 3 separate stories that all revolve around the beach house. There's a little intermingling between characters, in one or two stories, but other than that, everything is separate.

The first story is about Alison and her grandson Christopher. Both find love at the beach house in unexpected ways. I really felt that both of them deserved a bit of happiness too. Alison's husband and son (Christopher's father) died on 9/11. Of the three stories, I think I liked this one the best, because even though you had the sadness of the lost loved ones, it was the happiest of all the stories, and I'm big on happy.

The next story is about college friends. I wish I had friends that I could go off to a beach house with one summer. Ah bliss...even though these friends have secrets from one another. Some of these secrets are pretty big too. I enjoyed this story, but the nature of the lives of these for nearly 40 year old women, made it hard for me to identify with them

Lastly is a story about two lovers that are drifting apart. They are both extremely gifted photographers, one of nature and the other of wars/conflicts. I liked that Georgia gave the role of war correspondent to the woman.

It is their careers and some of the pitfalls of their work that are pushing them apart.

This was a wonderful read. I also loved the little bits of Julia's life that we saw in the book. (She's the owner of the house)

Everyone gets a happily ever after, which is a little bit difficult to fathom when they are only spending a month at a beach house, but this is summer reading, anything can happen then!

If you are going to the beach, don't forget this book. The short story format is perfect for lazy reading in teh shade.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Return to the Beach House.

Started Reading