Kristi's Reviews > Throne of Glass

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

Mar 22, 2010

Celaena, also known as the infamous Ardalan Assassin, finds herself being dragged from the hell of the salt mines into another. The Crown Prince of Ardalan has a deal for her, a deal that could mean her freedom. How can Celaena refuse?

She must enter a competition to be the King’s Champion. It’s a competition to the death, no big deal! There is more going on in the castle of glass and not only must Celaena defeat her competitors to become the King’s Champion she must also discover and destroy and ancient evil.

Another book that I went into mostly blind and loved it. I know this book was a fantasy novel and I knew that Cat wanted to read it. Fantasy is one of my favorite genres, yet I hardly read it. The Throne of Glass has aroused my love of fantasy and I’m eager to read more!

I wasn’t sure that I was going to like Celaena initially. She was a bit conceited, but somehow she also came across as very vulnerable and I couldn’t help but sympathize with that vulnerability. I loved how Choal and Dorian saw her in very different ways. That may have been one of the reasons I was able to overcome my initial assessment of her as well.

I loved this world. I just wished we would have gotten to see more of it! The castle was glorious, but I wanted to see more of the outside world! Perhaps we will get that in the next book. The introduction to magic was beautifully done as well! I can’t wait to divulge more into that!

I truly enjoyed reading this book and there is so much potential for this story to grow, I can’t wait to see what happens next!

Writing, characters, the world, and the story! I loved it all!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Throne of Glass.

March 22, 2010 – Shelved
July 29, 2012 – Started Reading
August 3, 2012 –
August 5, 2012 – Finished Reading

Deonna What do you think so far?