Kat Kennedy's Reviews > Blood Promise

Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

bookshelves: kat-s-book-reviews

If I had to give the first 3/4 of this book a review, I would have given it two stars at the most.

The plot was painfully, agonizingly slow with many, many unnecessary characters and plotlines that just bugged the hell out of me. I found myself skipping large portions of text to get to anything worth reading.

The last quarter of this book however, earned that last two stars. It was intense, amazing, beautiful. I almost cried. I wanted to cry. What happened at the end... on the bridge... well bugger me!

Then at the very end with the note... gah! Be still my beating heart!

The Avery/Lissa side story was complete rubbish. Everyone's casual treatment of Adrian was complete rubbish. The deal with Abe annoys the hell out of me for many reasons that I can't put here unless I spoil things. But the ending... that beautiful ending made up for all of it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Promise.

March 22, 2010 – Shelved
March 30, 2010 – Started Reading
March 30, 2010 –
page 250
49.7% "Boring! *Cries* when is it going to end?"
March 31, 2010 – Finished Reading
October 7, 2010 – Shelved as: kat-s-book-reviews

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Tatiana I agree with your assessment, this book was my least fave in the series. Way too much filler and Lissa/Avery story line didn't hold my interest not one bit. I couldn't bring myself to give the book more than 3 stars. Hope Spirit Bound is better.

message 2: by Kristen "Kirby" (last edited Mar 31, 2010 07:27AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristen "Kirby" Totally agree. The ending was awesome,while the first 3/4 of book was boring. Hope Lissa doesn't have as much of a part in Spirit Bound, and that Mead puts more time and thought into it. Like the review. (:

Kat Kennedy I DID think the end made up for a lot and I am glad that I did continue up to this point. I'm really hoping Spirit Bound is better but I'm not too hopeful because I feel like Rose is about to do something VERY stupid.

Kristen, I think Lissa, unfortunately WILL have a much bigger role in Spirit Bound - but I know how you feel.

Alec John I totally agreed!

Anna Yeh, I feel like Mead is treading water in the first half of the VA books. Too much recap. Skip on 200 pages and you have a good novel.

Hannah I agree. I've had this book sitting on my shelf for a long time. It's just so slow and painful to read. I honestly just want to skip it and go on to the next book.