Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ 's Reviews > Cracked

Cracked by Eliza Crewe

bookshelves: awesome-heroines

Sometimes bad things need to be reminded they're not the only ones who can bite.

Fun, witty, and surprisingly deep and heartfelt, this story was a page-turner from beginning to end. Meda was a character that will be impossible to forget-if not because of her devious habits, then because of her snarky and hilarious humor. A fun cast of characters makes this book easy to devour and there's no character you don't have strong feelings for.

Like any fatherless child, I've wondered about the man responsible for the glory that is me. Needless to say, it's disappointing to learn he's the kind who'd probably eat his young.

More than once I found myself tearing up and fighting back tears-this story wasn't without it's tragedies, despite the hilarious undertones. I was, admittedly, a little shocked that my heart strings were starting to fray by the end of this story....from the beginning I knew that this was going to be deeper than I thought, but not once did I believe it would bring tears to my eyes. The mocking narrative took away from the harshness of what Meda really does, but it's not so easily forgotten when surrounded with her brethren.

They claim revenge is a dish best served cold, but I've found it to be equally delicious hot-not unlike fried chicken.

Dark, gritty, and fast-paced, I found this one hard to put down. Not often does a romance not including the main character (yet) pull me in, but I was addicted to Jo and Chi's story. So cute and a little desperate, we get all the action and a slab of romance on the side. I can't wait to see where Meda and Armand's story goes (what? I'm ALL about the romance, sorry lol) in the next story. He seems to be a dark little soul...Come to mama.

photo tumblr_inline_mo208qlDUx1qz4rgp_zps7n0pk99t.gif

Oh, and did I mention the peril was through the roof near the end?? Points to Crewe! I LOVED that.

*Sorry-my review reflects my mood-dark and dry....I don't normally flub or write such short/drab stuff, but I just can't write right now. I had lots of funny quotes and quite a bit to say but...Oh well.*

For more of my reviews, please visit:
descriptive text here
descriptive text here

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cracked.

May 30, 2014 – Shelved
June 18, 2015 – Started Reading
June 18, 2015 –
60.0% "Did anyone else see this as they read??\n  photo tumblr_np4rbuxrtR1rcjg72o5_500_zpslyohfive.gif\n No? Just me? lol"
June 19, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)

message 1: by Lucy (new) - added it

Lucy Awesome «short» review Chelsea!! Glad you liked it, it sounds really good!

Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Thanks so much, Lucy!! Yeah...I've just been so busy at work and I can't seem to find the gumption with my bad mood this morning to write a decent review for everyone...and I feel bad because this book would have been a piece of cake to write!

message 3: by Lucy (new) - added it

Lucy Ha I know the feeling!! I'm running out of time very often!!work, work,work, so boring when we need to ramble about a book!!

Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Exactly! I'm dying!! And I'm having to stay up super late to finish books because he won't go to sleep AGH!

So in the morning it totally effects my mood. I'm hoping I'll be able to be back to normal next week after a good weekend of (somewhat) normalcy lol

message 5: by Lucy (new) - added it

Lucy So totally understand!!
Wish I could stay up late, could be useful sometimes!!
Enjoy your "normalcy" weekend!!

Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Thanks so much!

Have a great weekend, yourself! ♥

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ YES YES YES!! OF COURSE I'm gonna BR Crushed ♥♥ And my French guy!! SEE!! <333

Melissa (Ever So Mela) Every single one of my friends who's read this has raved. I think I need to get my hands on this ASAP. Luuurve your review btw ^_^ You and your peril Chester :P

Daiane Ahh, I love this book! I was also really sad but I really enjoyed the end <3 *popcorn*
Don't wanna get the second one before the third one is released because I think I will get crazy to know the end lol

Vanessa J. Yayyy! I'm so glad you liked this! Great review!! :D

Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Alienor ๑ is waiting for July ๑ wrote: "YES YES YES!! OF COURSE I'm gonna BR Crushed ♥♥ And my French guy!! SEE!! <333"

AGHHHHH ARMAND !!!! I'm in LOOOOVE :P

Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Melissa (Ever So Mela) wrote: "Every single one of my friends who's read this has raved. I think I need to get my hands on this ASAP. Luuurve your review btw ^_^ You and your peril Chester :P"

Lollll girls gotta get her peril somewhere !!! Muahaha

And thank you!!! I really liked it, but it was missing something. Loving book yep it's Perfection !!!

Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Daiane wrote: "Ahh, I love this book! I was also really sad but I really enjoyed the end <3 *popcorn*

OMG yes.*popcorn*

How saaaaaad!!!! But the second is WAY better in my opinion !!! I'm in love with it :D

Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Vane wrote: "Yayyy! I'm so glad you liked this! Great review!! :D"

Thanks so much, Vane!! I very much enjoyed it :D

Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Spank yoooou.....this one's a good one! :D But book two is FABULOUS ♥

Armand is making my heart go crazy lol

Kathe L This review is so good, Chels! can't wait to read your other reviews (Tomorrow, maybe, because my class will start soon lol)! Missed reading them and talking to you :(

Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Awww thanks for stopping by, Kathe!!!! I know you're busy! I can't wait to chat over the other books I've read as well, though! I love doing that.

Gawd, yeah, I actually really have missed you. I am on the feed and I'm like.....Y u no here, Kathe *sad face*

It's empty!!!!! :(

Kathe L Awwww Chels :((( I'll be back more after day one, though :) and then I'll read books forever hahaha and we will chat and chat and chat :)

Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Lol and it shall be GLORIOUS!!!! :P

Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥ Fantastic short review, Chels! Ohhh the dark little soul sounds enticing! =D

Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Thanks so much, Jen!! YES HE IS. HE IS EVERYTHING lol