Ben Morris's Reviews > The Kite Runner

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

M 50x66
Nov 25, 2007

This was a powerful novel. The loss felt between Amir & Hassan drives this novel toward Amir's journey to reunite with Sohrab. I liked the groiwing tension that Housennic creates around Amir's journey (maybe it's karma?) I think one can understand a five-point relationship between Amir, his father, Agha sahib, Rahim Khan, Hassan and his father. Rahim Khan is a connector between Agha sahib and Amir (one entity) and Hassan and his father (the other entity). I liked the way the book took a turn around the meeting between Rahim Khan and Amir. Not only was this meeitng a plot turning point, it also marks a transformation in Amir. He stands up for something he believes in: the life of a child. This decision to take Sohrab back to the US redeems Amir for his lack of loyalty to Hassan.

Also, I think that this book is very impoartnt for the current state of affairs regarding the US' relationship with Afghanistan. The leaders of our country would benefit from reading a book that allows further insight into the daily lives and ritauls of an Afhgnai family, such as this one.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kite Runner.