Charlotte's Reviews > City of Heavenly Fire

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

4203919
May 28, 2014

I'm so sad to see this series go. It's been one of my favorites for a while now. I love the Shadowhunter world so at least that won't be disappearing soon.

If you haven't read the rest of the series, I wouldn't recommend reading this review. It's not going to be overtly spoilsome, (that should be a word) but I wouldn't risk it.

Characters: Everyone was spot on in this book. You can see where the characters have developed and come into their own (especially Alec(view spoiler)). Even the characters that had annoyed me a lot in the past, [cough]Jace and Clary[cough], grew on me in this book. Maybe I was just feeling sentimental, but I wanted to ruffle everyone's hair by the end.

Side-note: I thought having Emma's PoV as often as some of the main characters was a little excessive. I don't care about her (yet) and I realize that it was a lead in for her spin-off, but still. I wanted this book to be more about the characters I've come to love instead of a brand new one.

Action: The action is there, but there didn't seem to be a clear climax. The action is not comparable to the mightiness of City of Glass, but it was still intense and exciting. The entire book is compelling, but it really picks up in the last 150-ish pages.

Ending: I might as well put this entire thing in spoilers. (view spoiler)

In my most solemn statement: goodbye Mortal Instruments, it's been real.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Heavenly Fire.

May 28, 2014 – Started Reading
May 28, 2014 – Shelved
May 31, 2014 –
page 320
44.14% "IT'S SO GOOD BUT I DON'T WANT IT TO END"
June 2, 2014 – Finished Reading