Grammy 1's Reviews > The Haunting of Timber Manor

The Haunting of Timber Manor by F.E. Feeley Jr.

This is the second book I have read by a bright upcoming rising star of writing.
‘Objects in the Rearview Mirror’ was my first meeting with this young man FE Feeley Jr.
And I am not looking back. If you are an aficionado of doors that squeak and things that go bump in the night Stephen King style here is a new author you will adore.

Daniel Donnelly has at his young age been affected by tragedy recently with the loss of his parents. Struggling to get his footing, he is contacted by an Aunt, his father’s sister Carol, who asks him to come and visit. Traveling from Texas to the Portland area seemed like a good idea, the change of scenery would do him good.

A storm hits while driving and Daniel pulls off to the side of the road where he is frightened by a wolf watching him. A car arrives and it is the local sheriff Hale Davis. When the good sheriff hears Daniel is heading to Carol’s he quickly tells Daniel to follow. Hale has been working around The Manor since he was a young boy.

We meet Carole who has workman scurrying to open the manor to dust the cobwebs out of the many rooms which have been neglected over the years, to paint, to repair etc. Carole tells Daniel that she will be slowly turning over the house and its lands to Daniel as he is the last remaining family in the inheritance line. This author allows the reader to see the house, the grounds and visually with his words feel something ominous, something we can’t quite put our finger on, as we watch as Daniel has these dreams that we cannot make sense of and the hair on the back of your neck stands up…..

In addition to the story, our author has given us love, with the relationship between Hale and Daniel as it grows from strangers, to friendship to a wonderfully sensual love.

We go further in learning all the back stories of the house and the family members….and the house comes alive with evil and we are ever drawn to what and who is behind it. Hale is determined to love and protect and the race is on. My heart raced through the scenes of horror and my imagination was whetted by the authors words. If you like a good ghost story The Haunting is a true blockbuster .

Review by Gloria Lakritz
Sr Reviewer and Review Chair for the Paranormal romance Guild Review Chair

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Haunting of Timber Manor.

Started Reading