karen's Reviews > Surrender To Fire

Surrender To Fire by Lora Leigh

Mar 20, 2010

bookshelves: romance-covers-i-have-loved

how can her tits be this big and yet not a nipple to be seen??
discuss.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Surrender To Fire.

message 1: by Eh?Eh! (new)

Eh?Eh! Maybe the fire burned them off, when she surrendered to it.

message 2: by Courtney (new)

Courtney those boobies were photoshopped

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Elora's cave presents! Bwahahaha!

message 4: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen Everybody knows nipples are repulsive and should be hidden at all times, especially in moments of intimacy!

message 5: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen oh, I just got the burning reference - eh! ha, ha, ha

message 6: by karen (new) - added it

karen this is exactly the opposite of the cover for bear which we all adore. in that one, the artiste drew the nipples, but then tastefully half-obscured them. this one - i mean, it just defies anatomy. are we to believe she does not have them?? and why is the nipple the thing that makes it taboo. if you are going to show this much boob, i mean, you get the idea, it's not like the nipple part is going to clear up any confusion and make any but the most confused perverts more interested. although these boobs are terrifying. she has to hold that right one up herself or she will topple!

message 7: by karen (new) - added it

karen that's tremendous. and also noticeable in the last unicorn - the harpy has nipples but the jessica-fletcher tree does not. (although i'm not sure the tree is "good", but it's not evil, just very huggy.)

down with nipples!

message 8: by karen (new) - added it

karen my nipples are completely non-threatening. it's the rest of me you have to worry about...

message 9: by Weinz (new)

Weinz King Triton had some good nips.

message 10: by Greg (new)

Greg Women can cast evil spells, and sometimes shoot lasers out of their nipples. Fact. Good women have no need for evil spells or lasers, thus no need for nipples.

message 11: by karen (new) - added it

karen oh, right, you were home-schooled.

message 12: by Buck (new)

Buck Greg wrote: "Women can cast evil spells, and sometimes shoot lasers out of their nipples. Fact."

I can vouch for this.

message 13: by Scott (new)

Scott Sheaffer Haven't you heard, “Nipple Removal” is the next big thing in cosmetic surgery? That way the perfect woman doesn’t have to worry about them showing up when it’s cold outside. . . Very uncouth.

message 14: by karen (new) - added it

karen so many advances in technology!
can i sign up to get lasers installed?

message 15: by Weinz (new)

Weinz My lasers came with the light show option. It's great for Pink Floyd night at the Griffiths.

message 16: by Eh?Eh! (new)

Eh?Eh! I use my lasers during Powerpoint presentations. Also useful when biking at night.

message 17: by karen (new) - added it

karen how was i left out of all this?? is this part of the secret training where they teach girls how to put on makeup and do funky hairstyles?? i have missed out on so much.

message 18: by Eh?Eh! (new)

Eh?Eh! I missed all that stuff, too...however, remember when James Bond was strapped down to that table with the laser going for, um, James Bond, Jr.? That was me.

message 19: by karen (new) - added it

karen eh-xcellent!

message 20: by Richard (new)

Richard G these lasers you speak of are simply too dangerous and expensive.

message 21: by karen (new) - added it

karen but... powerpoint... pink floyd.
there are nonviolent applications.

message 22: by smetchie (new)

smetchie Maybe her nipples are wearing little bald caps.

message 23: by karen (new) - added it

karen yes! or those round band-aids. for her boo-boos.

message 24: by Bibliomantic (last edited Mar 22, 2010 11:36AM) (new)

Bibliomantic She's covering the right one, but maybe the guy is pinching the left one and kind of pulling it back and to the side. That may or may not feel good, but she's clearly distracted by what he's doing behind her.

message 25: by karen (new) - added it

karen maybe. it isn't terribly clear in the little representation of it here, but if you look at the actual book, there is no way she can have nipples where a breast would traditionally have one. i do not understand her breasts. you should go buy a copy and explain it to me, please.

message 26: by Eh?Eh! (new)

Eh?Eh! I vote for Gretchen's bald caps, but not little ones:

message 27: by Greg (new)

Greg Eh!, that explains so much!! Her boobs aren't really that big, and she needs to hold on to them so they don't fall off and expose something she doesn't want the man to see. My guess is they are covering up homunculi living in the ravaged wastelands of her former breasts that were surrendered to the fire years ago in some vicious battle of good and evil.

message 28: by Greg (new)

Greg Karen, I have a theory that the woman on this cover is also our old favorite the MILF.

And as a fun fact, did you know you can rent the Milf Anthology from Chegg? Imagine how wonderful that class must be.

message 29: by karen (new) - added it

karen hahahahahah oh hot damn! sign me up for milf class!

message 30: by Greg (new)

Greg There is also a DILF anthology out there, I have no idea why that has never been in our store.

message 31: by karen (new) - added it

karen tomorrow.

message 32: by Bibliomantic (last edited Mar 22, 2010 01:47PM) (new)

Bibliomantic maybe. it isn't terribly clear in the little representation of it here, but if you look at the actual book, there is no way she can have nipples where a breast would traditionally have one. i do not understand her breasts. you should go buy a copy and explain it to me, please.

Good news--I think I've located one of the missing nipples. The right one is somewhat visible between her second and third fingers when you blow up the image on amazon.com (how appropriate!). However, the left one is still missing, and even though I am using to the maximum the superpowers that every healthy man possesses for homing in on female nipples, I still can't find it. Perhaps it got lost in the dark, or maybe, as someone suggested, it was burned off when she surrendered to the fire.

message 33: by karen (new) - added it

karen i was thinking about greg's idea, and maybe the nipples are inside and they are inverted to feed whatever creature lives within??

message 35: by Bibliomantic (new)

Bibliomantic Michelle, the only one that makes sense to me is the one made of candy.

message 36: by Weinz (new)

Weinz Come on... Eternal headlights? Even in hot weather!

message 37: by karen (new) - added it

karen i like the lighted one - because otherwise, how would men be attracted to breasts??

message 38: by Bibliomantic (new)

Bibliomantic You're both so right. Without the lights we might only back into them accidentally on occasion.

message 39: by Greg (last edited Mar 22, 2010 07:00PM) (new)

Greg If I was a woman I'd purchase the solar powered bra. It puts the FUN in functional with its multitasking design, and it's handy for picking up guys who are pissed off that they can't find anywhere to plug in their cellphones when they are out.

message 40: by Eh?Eh! (new)

Eh?Eh! Hmm. I would want to be wanted for more than my bra's charging ability.

message 41: by Eh?Eh! (new)

Eh?Eh! Now if they made the man bra all solar-powered, we could have matching support and attractiveness.

message 42: by Greg (new)

Greg That is just to lure the guys in. Come for the charge, stay for the boobies!! And they'll come back, their phones need to be recharged pretty often!!

message 43: by Greg (new)

Greg That is an idea. I was thinking of a solar-charging jockstrap, with the solar panels working into a nice huge belt buckle, and other electronic stuff placed so that guys will look more equipped then they may normally be.

message 44: by karen (new) - added it

karen i keep candy in my bra. and occasionally money. also, my breasts.

message 45: by Bibliomantic (new)

Bibliomantic Any of the three would be fine, but especially the first and the last.

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio karen wrote: "i keep candy in my bra. and occasionally money. also, my breasts."

Damn, girl, damn.

message 47: by karen (new) - added it

karen it's 'cuz i like the way starbursts taste when they are all melty, so i sometimes pop a couple in there. sometimes i forget them in there and when i get home and start disrobing for bed they sprinkle out like delicious surprises!

message 48: by Bibliomantic (last edited Mar 23, 2010 06:54AM) (new)

Bibliomantic Karen, please, I have a hard time concentrating after reading something like this.

message 49: by Richard (new)

Richard G karen i've always suspected you are a tasty treat in more ways than one.

message 50: by karen (new) - added it

karen groan. there is nothing sexy about candy-in-bra. like a kangaroo, it is all for practicality.

« previous 1